I often get asked in our Facebook keto group what are the best kind of keto snacks for nibbling and hosting at parties and social gatherings? The kind of snacks that you can just lay out in a large bowl or snack tray. Like crisps and potato chips but minus any of the bad nutrients and guilt. Quite simply my response is always you won’t go wrong with New York style salted or sweet keto pretzels. For a salty or sweet tooth, this keto pretzel recipe has you covered.
What Are New York Style Keto Pretzels?
Plus a bit like popcorn which should be avoided by the way; these New York style keto pretzels can be prepared in salt or sweet varieties. This is a medium to large sized snack so unlike potato chips they offer a bit more substance and wow factor.
If you are not sure what New York style pretzels are then you often see them offered at sidewalk kiosks and cafes around the city. Now I know for a fact that going keto can present a real problem hosting parties and social events. How on earth do you provide tasty, keto snacks that won’t hurt your results every time. Keto pretzels are the answer.
How To Make New York Style Keto Pretzels?
As we all know keto is not just about managing your waistline and eliminating undesirable fatty areas around the body. It is about consistent, happy, healthy and relaxed living. Being able to do all of the things socially and eat all the foods you crave when you want them.
This includes keto snacking and these New York style keto pretzels are an awesome choice. Prepare them as salted keto pretzels or as sweet keto pretzels. Really this is about as hard as this yummy keto pretzels recipe is likely to ever get.
What Did You Think Of The New York Keto Pretzels?
Do let me know in the recipe comments below the recipe instructions if you prefer making salted keto pretzels over the sweet keto pretzels. I always like to hear from those who try my keto recipes whatever the experience happens to be.
Sara Louise's Keto NY Style Pretzels -Salty Or Sweet
- 3 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese pre-grated/shredded
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 large free range eggs
- Pretzel Salt
- 1 Tsp Swerve Granular Sweetener
- 2 tbs Butter to grease each Parchment paper
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon spice
- 2 Baking pan sheets
- To make the keto pretzels preheat oven to 390.
- Combine the shredded cheese and almond flour in a small microwaveable bowl.
- Add the cream cheese and combine by stirring.
- Place in the microwave for 60 seconds.
- Stir and combine again.
- Then microwave the keto pretzels for another 30 seconds.
- Add the large free range eggs and combine well together
- Separate the keto pretzel dough into 4 equal parts
- Now grease 2 sheets of parchment paper using unsalted butter generously on two separate baking trays
- On a work surface make 4 long rolled out rods.
- Create 4 individual pretzel twisted shapes.
- Place two keto pretzel twists on one sheet and bake in the oven for 15-16 minutes.
- Remove from oven and rub moisture all over pretzels, a few cold water drips should do it.
- Sprinkle pretzel salt all over generously ( If you use regular salt it absorbs into the dough, the pretzel salt is designed not to absorb. If you are making sweet keto pretzels then adjust accordingly.
- Place the keto pretzels in oven for another few minutes make sure they do not burn.
- Place the other two pretzel twists on the other baking tray.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon spice and Swerve sweetener.
- Now bake the keto pretzels in the oven between 10- 20 minutes
- That's it, your New York style keto pretzels are ready to serve up, enjoy!