Love light, fluffy pancakes but hate all the carbs? With my keto pancakes recipe, the carbs are reduced and they feel so light and tasty. In fact these almond flour pancakes take breakfast or dessert to the next level. My keto pancakes are low carb, gluten-free, and over-the-top tasty sweet treats.
They remind me of my favorite sweet cream pancakes I loved so much before I quit carbs and gluten for good. In honesty you won’t believe how great these keto pancakes taste and will wonder why the carbs are so low. These keto pancakes just ooze tasty goodness, perhaps it is the gluten free baking powder. Nevertheless just like my vegan keto pancakes you will find their lure very hard to resist indeed.
The texture on these keto pancakes are much lighter and fluffier than with regular pancakes. Plus they are quick and fun to prepare and cook as long as you have an awesome frying pan and a powerful mixer that is. So make sure you are equipped to make my keto pancake recipe at their best now!
How to Make The Keto Pancakes
- To make the keto pancakes find a large mixing bowl, then combine the egg yolks, the whipping cream along with the low carb sweetener. Now salt everything in the bowl until the pancake mixture is totally smooth and even.
- Next up in a small mixing bowl, mix almond flour with baking powder; then whisk both ingredients into the creamy egg mixture until evenly blended.
- Now using an electric whisk or mixer, beat the egg whites in a separate small bowl until soft peaks form in the whites. Then fold the egg whites into the batter.
- With a large non stick pan melt butter over medium heat, then wipe with a paper towel to evenly mix the butter for cooking. Ladle in the batter to make your keto pancakes; use about two tablespoons (30ml) per pancake.
- Cook for three minutes, or until the pancakes are lightly browned, and then gently flip each keto pancake and cook for a further two minutes on the other side. Take care not to move the pancake before it's ready to flip or it may break apart if flipped prematurely.