Pizza is one of those things that you have to cut down on unless it is keto fathead pizza of course. The reality is that pizza is not compatible with numerous diets and lifestyles not just keto. Not to be outdone I thought there must be a decent way to enjoy pizza now and again while following and adhering to keto.
It took some time but with a bit of ingredient tweaking here and there. Plus some testing naturally I think I have come with a great keto fathead pizza recipe. Not only that this fathead pizza is just amazing fun to make in your kitchen and tastes sublime when you start munching. Just make sure that you have a robust pizza baking tray to hand as this pizza means business.
So if you have a group of keto lifestyle pals coming over for fathead pizza they could all do far worse than stop by your kitchen. The good thing also about my keto fathead pizza recipe is that you can experiment with a wide variety of healthy toppings. So go for it and let me know what you think of my keto fathead pizza recipe.
Interested in my other keto pizza recipes? Awesome, you might like this thinhead pizza recipe. Or relish going all Italian for the next idea; the remarkable keto Roman pizza. How to choose, yeah I know just make all three! Do let me know how this keto fathead pizza recipe went for you in the comments.
Sara Louise's Delicious Fathead Pizza
- Mix the shredded or grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Just add the cream cheese to the bowl and stir well.
- Microwave on HIGH for one minute. Stir the mixture again. Then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, salt, basil, garlic and any other specific flavorings you choose and mix together gently.
- Place in between 2 greased pieces of baking parchment/paper and roll into a circular pizza shape or pizza tray.
- Remove the top baking paper/parchment. If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with, pop it back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again but not too long or you will cook the egg beyond what is needed.
- Make fork holes all over the pizza base to let the heat in and ensure it cooks evenly.
Getting Ready To Cook
- Slide the baking paper/parchment with the pizza base, on a baking tray (cookie tray) or pizza stone or tray.
- Bake at 425F for exactly 12 minutes or until brown. Don’t burn it and keep an eye during the last minute or so in case your oven is more powerful than some.
- Once the pizza is properly cooked, remove from the oven and spread the tomato sauce evenly across the pizza and as close to the edges of the base as possible to prevent burning. Now add any extra pizza toppings of your choice. Put the pizza back in the oven for 5 more minutes. Now your pizza is ready to carve up and eat. So yummy!