My keto avocado chips are a delicious snack or side dish if you crave chips or fries but could do without the high carbs and salts. One of the reasons that keto is so popular is because it opens the door to exploring exciting new recipes. As well as enabling traditionally less healthy foods to be reimagined.
These low carb avocado chips are one such yummy reimagined snack food. I think you will be totally delighted at how tasty and yum these keto avocado chips actually are. Plus you can prep them ready for the chip tray in a little over five minutes and have them on the table ready to munch in less than thirty minutes.
Chip perfect you might say. If you crave delicious fries and chips but balk at the carbs and salts the solution is with theses low carb avocado chips. So give my keto avocado chips recipe a try and let me know what you think of them.
Low Carb Avocado Chips
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
PREPARING THE AVOCADO CHIPS
- Preheat your kitchen oven to 325° and line a medium baking sheet with some parchment paper. Stir in Parmesan, lemon juice, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
- Next using a medium sized mixing bowl, mash up the avocado with a spoon or fork until totally smooth textured.
GETTING READY TO COOK
- Now place teaspoon-sized scoops of the avocado mixture onto the baking sheet, you should aim to leave about 3 inches between each scoop of avocado mix.
- Flatten each scoop of avocado with the back of a spoon or ladle to pack the mixture tight.
- Bake the keto avocado chips in your oven until they are crisp and golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes in the oven should do the trick, then let the chips cool completely. Serve up at room temperature as a snack or side.