Does a chicken BBQ dish simply not make your mouth water. Rightly it should since this keto barbecue chicken meal will delight in every way. Flavored with my own tomato sauce recipe this keto barbecue chicken is lightly seasoned, light and healthy.
As a main meal this keto chicken dish just tastes delicious and sublime when paired with a light salad or even avocado. This chicken recipe is easy to make; plus preparing the special sauce is such great fun also. Try my barbeque chicken recipe and let me know what you think.
KetoRush24 is my rapid ketosis program that includes shopping lists, meal and exercise planner, and power recipes to help you break out of a stall and get into ketosis in the shortest time possible. Click here to find out more
Sara Louise's Keto Barbecue Chicken
ASSEMBLING THE SPECIAL BBQ SAUCE
- 2 cups Sugar Free Tomato sauce I make my own
- 2 DROPS Sugar Free Liquid Smoke I use Lazy Kettle
- 2/3 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tblsp Bourbon
- 2/3 cup Lakanto Xylitol or Swerve
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp prepared yellow mustard Prefer Nathan’s Famous Deli Mustard
- 1 Onion medium finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 leaf fresh basil minced
- 1 tsp sugar free hot sauce
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken thighs skinless and boneless
- Turn your Instant Pot on Saute
- All ingredients except for the chicken
- Simmer the ingredients for 5 minutes then turn off.
- Place the chicken on top of the sauce
- Spoon the sauce on top of the chicken.
- Using your Instant pot on MANUAL, close the pot and seal it.
- Cook on low pressure for 15 minutes.
- Let the pressure release.
- Using a wooden slotted spoon take the chicken out and place it on a platter.
- Turn the Instant Pot Back to Simmer and let it simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with white sesame seeds
- Serve with sauce for dipping.
- (Save extra sauce)