Yes what could be better for a filling feed than keto beef stew? I do not say this lightly either since this is one seriously delicious and low carb beef stew. You will not forget this main meal made from tasty stew beef anytime soon.
My keto beef stew recipe is seasoned with paprika and onion powder and made even more filling with the addition of yummy red peppers and tomatoes. Are you feeling a craving coming on yet for healthy beef stew.
Making My Keto Beef Stew
I can sense it but before you get to tuck in you have to learn how to make this filling and hearty keto main meal. The good news is that making my delicious keto beef stew is a total breeze. Are you ready for this, better go and warm the pressure cooker right now.
Yes this keto beef stew is best cooked with a pressure cooker or Insta pot. If you don’t have one you can still make the stew recipe but a pressure cooker is a great investment and oodles of fun. Check out our pressure cooker best buy page if you would like to see the best and least expensive model. Otherwise onward with the keto beef stream recipe.
Sara Louise's Keto Beef Stew
- 3 Pounds stew beef cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 Tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 1/2 Tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp garlic powder
- 3 1/2 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 5 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion cubed
- 7 Cloves garlic crushed
- 2 Cups portobello mushrooms whole
- 1 1/2 Cups Kabocha squash cubed
- 1 Carrot sliced thin
- 1 Red pepper sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tomatoes diced
- 1 Tbs tomato paste no sugar added
- 2 Stalks celery chopped small
- 2 Cups dry red wine preferably Pinot Noir
- 2 Cups beef stock no sugar added
- 1/4 Tsp curry powder
- 3 Tbs Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tsp black pepper
- Using an Insta Pot set to Saute mode setting:
- Place the diced keto beef stew meat into a cooking pot and brown the beef on the stove for 4-6 minutes in the olive oil, remove from the pan and set on the side.
- Now saute the onion for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly and then add beef to insta pot or pressure cooker and combine together well.
- The add in the whole portabella mushrooms, crushed garlic, tomatoes, all spices, tomato paste and stir for a couple of minutes until well combines together.
- Add the kabocha squash, slices of carrot, red pepper and celery and stir once more.
- Slowly pour in the dry red wine and Xanthan Gum and keep stirring with a wooden spoon or ladle.
- Add two cups or more of flavorsome beef stock until the stock liquid is covering over the keto beef stew meat.
- Turn off saute mode on your ressure cooker and manually set timer for 20-25 minutes
- Serve the beef stew over a cup of cauliflower rice or similar per serving to a warm plate.