Now I just loved pasta growing up and pasta is one of those ingredients that you have to get used to removing from your diet or moderating while on keto. Spaghetti bolognese is of course laden with tasty but high carb pasta. Shame but your search for a delicious bolognese dish should not end in heartbreak. For here I present a great alternative dish in the form of my keto chicken bolognese sauce with angel hair zoodles.
That last ingredient may have you scratching your head. You may not have heard of zoodles particularly versus other flour based everyday noodles.
You see compared to regular pasta, zucchini pasta offers way less calories. One big cup of zoodles has only about 30–40 calories; compare that to regular spaghetti or linguini, which has about 210 calories per cup! I use zoodles in my other popular dishes also such as this Korean beef recipe. They are put to good use here also in my delicious keto chicken bolognese sauce with angel hair zoodles. Try the recipe and let me know what you think.
KetoRush24 is my rapid ketosis program that includes shopping lists, meal and exercise planner, and power recipes to help you break out of a stall and get into ketosis in the shortest time possible. Click here to find out more
Sara Louise's Keto Chicken Bolognese Sauce With Angel Hair Zoodles
- 3 Pounds Well ground chicken
- 8 Small zucchini made into angel hair zoodles
- 2 Large tomatoes chopped small
- 1 Bunch cilantro chopped finely
- 1 Large onion chopped into small cubes
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 12 Tbs Tomato paste no sugar added approx 2 small cans
- 1 1/2 Tbs Swerve
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 1/2 Tbs Paprika
- 2 Tsp Sea salt
- 1 Tsp Black pepper
- 4 Tbs Olive oil
- Spiralizer, this is your Zoodle Maker
- Using a Spiralizer create angel hair pasta with zucchini and set aside in a medium sized bowl
- Using a skillet saute the onion in 1 Tbs olive oil until the onion is golden and set to one side in a bowl.
- In a heavy large saucepan set on medium-high heat, ensure the ground chicken meat is cooked until golden brown using 2 Tbs olive oil, stirring constantly for about 3-6 minutes until the chicken is properly cooked through.
- Add cooked onion to the ground bolognese chicken and stir on low-medium heat.
- In a skillet, saute chopped tomatoes in 1 Tbs olive oil for 2 minutes and then add to pot with chicken and onion mixture and blend together.
- Pour tomato paste, water and swerve into the pot and mix well until nicely combined.
- Add cilantro, garlic powder, paprika, salt and black pepper and combine all together and reduce to low and cover for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot over angel hair zoodles, simply delicious keto chicken bolognese.