Giving up rice is something that many keto dieters lament with passion but this keto chicken fried rice recipe has come to help you out. Regular rice is just too carb heavy and can even skew your macros in small amounts. The good news is that as rice recipes have become more popular on keto, more and more creative ways have been found to make rice fit in. Either by substituting key ingredients or by subtle tweaking of recipe ingredients and cooking methods.
There are now some excellent keto rices that make for truly tremendous keto side dishes that I cannot recommend enough to those who miss this tasty food. One great example of keto rice is this turmeric cauliflower rice, this is actually a rice substitute but it is truly delicious on every count. Now here today I present a second rice option for your daily keto meals in the form of a keto chicken fried rice recipe and I bet you can’t wait to make it. This keto chicken rice idea uses a small amount of carrot which you can forego if you wish.
Making The Keto Chicken Fried Rice
So this particular keto rice recipe comes together super easy. You need some fresh chicken protein, free range eggs and a selection of yummy spices. More details in the recipe ingredients and instructions listed in the keto chicken fried rice recipe below.
Sara Louise's Keto Chicken Fried “Rice”
- 16 Oz boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 Tbs Light olive oil
- 1/4 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 Tsp paprika
- 1/4 Carrot chopped very small
- 5 String beans sliced into thin pieces
- 5 Scallions cut into small circles
- 4 cloves garlic minced finely
- 3 Extra large eggs beaten
- 4 Cups cauliflower rice
- 3 Tbs Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Tsp ground black pepper
- In a medium sized Wok heated to medium-high setting add the olive oil, the diced chicken cubes garlic powder and paprika spices evenly.
- For about 5-8 minutes toss everything in the wok and stir around with a spatula or large wooden spoon until all is nicely combined and covered by the spices.
- Change the heat setting to medium low and continue to cook for 3-5 more minutes, stirring the ingredients in the wok every so often.
- Remove the diced chicken from the wok with a slotted spoon or spatula with holes and leave the juices from chicken in wok, now set the diced chicken cubes on the side in a empty bowl
- In the wok add small pieces of chopped carrot, scallions and the string beans and stir for 2-3 minutes or so.
- Remove from wok and set aside next to the chicken cubes that you removed earlier.
- Place the cauliflower rice in the wok along with with minced garlic on medium-low and stir for about 2-4 minutes until lightly browned and golden.
- Remove and set aside with the chicken and veg mixture.
- Add beaten free range eggs to the wok and scramble them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients that were set aside back into the wok and stir until combined.
- Drizzle with a pinch of salt and black pepper and the coconut aminos.
- Cook again on the wok for about 2-3 minutes or so until well combined and chicken is heated.
- Serve up the keto chicken fried rices as a side dish with your favorite main meal and tuck in.
Did You Make The Keto Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
As always I love to hear your comments and learn whether or not you found the keto chicken fried rice recipe tasty and easy to make in your home kitchen. Please leave your thoughts and comments on the keto chicken fried rice recipe in the box, I always reply to recipe feedback in which ever direction it flows. You can also discuss this rice recipe in our buzzing keto facebook group where we share recipes and strategies with thousands of other keto dieters.
Sara Louise's Keto Chicken Fried “Rice”
Giving up rice is something that many keto dieters lament with passion but this keto chicken fried rice recipe has come to help you out. Regular rice is just too carb heavy and can even skew your macros in small amounts.