A delicious and zingy, zesty keto Chinese lemon chicken dish that carries a whole host of oriental flavors. If you love chicken infused with lemon then this is a great low carb keto Chinese lemon chicken recipe.
This dish is one that comes together very quickly in the kitchen although you do need to marinate the chicken for 30 minutes or so to achieve the very best results.
So please try my Chinese lemon chicken recipe and be sure to let me know what you think of this popular citrus enhanced white meat dish! Also be sure to check out some of my other oriental themed keto chicken main meal recipes such as this sweet and sour chicken.
KetoRush24 is my rapid ketosis program that includes shopping lists, meal and exercise planner, and power recipes to help you break out of a stall and get into ketosis in the shortest time possible. Click here to find out more
Sara Louise's Keto Chinese Lemon Chicken
- In a large bowl toss together the chicken pieces, Coconut Aminos and 1 Tbs Agar Agar and cover, set aside to marinate for 30 minutes
- In a small bowl mix lemon juice, Swerve Sweetener, water, lemon zest and 1 Tsp Agar Agar and set aside
- Mixing well to coat each piece of chicken, add almond flour, and 1/4 cup Agar Agar to the large bowl with the chicken marinating
- In a frying pan with oil at least 2 1/2 inches deep using a thermometer heat up oil to 350 degrees
- Fry chicken pieces in very small batches to allow even cooking and no sticking during the cooking process
- Cook until golden
- Transfer pieces as they are done to a heavy skillet
- Turn the heat to medium high on the skillet when finished frying all of the pieces, and pour the lemon zest sauce over chicken and toss
- Cook for just a few seconds until it thickens
- Serve up your lemon chicken