This chocolate mousse recipe is just so light and tasty. It works perfectly as a dessert to nay main meal, or as a light snack on it’s own merit. We all like to indulge in a bit of a chocolate treat now and again.
All too frequently we are scared by the negative aspects of eating a chocolate treat and it’s impact on our diet progress. Fortunately my keto super chocolate mousse recipe is here to help save the day, delivering a chocolate mousse treat that is delicious, light and healthy al in one tasty little package.
If you have been yearning for a scrumptious chocolate mousse style treat then this recipe could be just the ticket. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Sara Louise's Keto Super Chocolate Mousse
- 6 oz of Lilly’s Dark chocolate
- 5 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp of Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil Reliable and Quick Source of Energy Ketogenic Diet, More Than Just MCT Oil (16 Ounces)
- 4 large eggs separated leave them out for 2 hours to form better peaks
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup Swerve confectioners sweetener
- 6 ramekins
- Fresh mint leaves optional
- Melt the chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals.
- When melted add the brain octane oil and cocoanut oil and still until blended.
- Whip up the egg whites until they form peaks
- In a different bowl, mix together the egg yolks, swerve, and the salt until the size doubles in volume.
FOLLOW THIS PROCEDURE EXACTLY:
- Pour the chocolate oil mixture into the yolk mixture and mix thoroughly
- Add 1/3 of the egg whites and mix it into the mixture.
- Add the second 1/3 of egg whites in and stir gently.
- Finally add the final 1/3 of egg whites but don’t add the liquid that may have gathered at the bottom of the egg whites.
- Spoon your mousse into the 6 ramekins and refrigerate.
- Top with a fresh mint leaf before serving.