Keto coconut macaroons are almost as I remember those regular yummy macaroons from way back in my early childhood. Back then I knew coconut macaroons as a small sweet and very snackable soft coconut treat that I simply cannot resist returning to even all these years later. Plus now the recipe is much healthier than it was when I was younger.
In fact keto coconut macaroons are an incredibly simple-to-make sweet delight and an excellent way to make something special from left over egg whites. This is my extra light and delicious keto coconut macaroon recipe, make sure you have a decent baking tray so that your macaroons do not stick to the tray and crumble. It would be a crying shame if they fell apart after baking. Now go and enjoy my keto coconut macaroons!
Sara Louise's Keto Coconut Macaroons
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup xylitol or swerve
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Take the whites of three eggs and whip them in a bowl until they peak.
- Next you should add 3/4 cup of xylitol or swerve if you prefer.
- To the mix add 1 cup of shredded coconut which you can normally buy pre shredded.
- Next take a tablespoon to place the coconut macaroon mixture on oiled or greased cookie sheets so that they do not stick, I recommend some coconut oil for this.
- Bake the macaroons at 350 degrees in your oven for roughly 10 minutes or so until edges turn a hint of brown. Keep checking the macaroons in those final minutes so they do not go too brown at the edges.
- Allow the coconut macaroons to cool and serve up or store for eating later.