Ok corned beef just is not one of those foods that comes with a whole lot of “wow factor.” when weighing up evening meal keto recipe ideas. I get that, some dishes do and corned beef struggles for sure. What if I told you that this keto corned beef recipe is a great deal more exciting ( and tasty ) than anything you may have come across previously.
You see I relish the challenge of turning the traditionally dull into something with a lot more zest, zing, kick and flavor. I did exactly that with the humble stuffed mushroom after all.
So next I set out to bring you a delicious and healthy keto corned beef recipe that will impress you over and over with it’s taste and very favorable macros. To start you just need some tempting overnight beef brisket which I show you how to make first. Lets go see how we do it, as you need to put some time aside for this recipe.
Sara Louise's Keto Corned Beef
- 4 lbs beef brisket
- 6 tablespoons pickling spice
- 4 cloves garlic pressed or cut up
- 8 ounces kosher salt about 7/8 of a cup
- 2 teaspoons pink curing salt
- 1 gallon distilled water
- 1 teaspoons black peppercorns optional
Curing the Meat
- Source a cooking large pot and place the brisket inside.
- Start by adding the distilled water, kosher salt, pink salt, and pickling spice and the cloves. Now stir well until combined together.
- Add the beef brisket to the curing solution and place in the chiller overnight. See this beef brisket recipe : https://ketofirst.com/sara-louises-keto-overnight-brisket/
- Add the meat to your curing solution. If it floats to the top place a plastic container filled with brine on top of it to push it right down low.
- Make sure to completely cover the meat with the brine. Leave it to cure in the pot for 6-7 days. Make a point of stirring the solution once a day.
- When the meat is done it will appear red or grey in color, this is quite normal.
Cooking the Meat
- Remove the brine from the meat. There are 3 ways to cook the corned beef.
- You can siimmer it in a pot. If you want to do this, simmer for a half hour, remove the water. Add more fresh water and simmer for about 3 hours.
- Or you can cook overnight in the oven.
- Finally you could barbecue the meat how you like it.
- Sprinkle with some black peppercorns and let sink in. ( optional )
- Either way let cool down before slicing.