If you look forward to the idea of baking some easy pick up and go low carb treats this Easter then these keto Easter peanut butter eggs might be just the sweet ticket. In fact homemade peanut butter eggs make the very best keto Easter treats! I have prepared this recipe to be more tempting than ever. But still sugar free and low carb.
The kids will go crazy on their Easter egg hunt if they know that these keto peanut butter Easter eggs are among the chocolate prizes.
The keto Easter peanut butter egg recipe will come together in around 20 minutes including the preparation and the baking time. Do ensure that you possess a high quality non stick muffin tray or a similar baking tray. The reason for this is to avoid the peanut butter Easter egg mix from falling apart. You may also enjoy these peanut butter cookies. I sure hope that the Easter bunny approves of this tasty Easter peanut butter eggs recipe.
Keto Easter Peanut Butter Eggs
- Begin by lining a large baking tray with waxed paper.
- Melt peanut butter and butter together on high in the microwave for one minute. Add in sweetener and vanilla extract and combine.
- Now add the peanut flour and salt, stir into a firm dough.
- Using about 2 tbsp. of the dough at a time, roll the dough into balls and place on the cookie sheet. Now place the easter egg dough in the freezer for 60 minutes to firm up.
- Place the chocolate coconut oil ( or butter ) in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir evenly until smooth.
- Dip the frozen eggs in the chocolate and coat the eggs all over with chocolate mixture.
- Use any remaining chocolate to decorate the eggs. You can use cake icing tools to help with this, super easy and fun.