My keto egg muffins recipe is the perfect easy make-ahead breakfast for those active and always up and on the go. Best of all, they are packed with healthy nutritious protein and are just so convenient for busy mornings, weekends or holiday brunch!
My keto egg muffins just take around 12-15 minutes to cook also and there are so many low carb healthy varieties possible. You can add crisp peppers, tomatoes, streaky bacon, mushrooms depending what tempts you. It is fair to say that there is a variety of egg muffin for every day of the week ( or possibly every month if my recipe was really put to the test. )
If you have been hunting for a light, tasty and easy to prepare keto egg muffin recipe; then these keto egg muffins tick all the right snacking boxes. Grab yourself some high quality silicone muffin trays so that the egg muffins do not stick and fall apart after baking also. Once you have made this muffin recipe a few times you will be a dab hand I promise. Let me know how it went in the comments.
Low Carb Keto Egg Muffins
- 10 eggs large eggs
- 1-1/2 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn black pepper
- Whisk the eggs together in a large measuring cup or a mixing bowl. Add any other seasonings or flavourings that you like.
- Chop up your favorite combination of veggies and proteins and mix until neatly combined together.
- Divide evenly among your muffin cups (about 1/2 – 2/3 cups full) and sprinkle the mix with any additional toppings or seasonings.
- I like lining my muffin tins with silicone liners since they are guaranteed to pop out when cooked without sticking and falling apart.
COOKING AND EATING
- Pop these keto egg muffins in the oven at 400 F and once cooled, you can store them in resealable bags or glass containers ready to hand out or snack on.
- Keep them in the fridge (or freezer) and every morning, heat one up in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. Breakfast is ready to go!
You can also enhance your egg muffins with seasoning, sauces and special flavorings as you see fit. I feel that all your keto family and friends will adore these fabulous, fluffy and healthy keto egg muffins so go warm the oven and bake them today! As you can see even our family cat gives my recipe the paws up!
Your cooking time for these tasty keto egg muffins might fluctuate depending on the type of keto egg muffin ingredients. Or whether you have a fan assisted oven. In general allow for around 14-15 minutes baking time for these egg muffins, just delicious even if I do say so myself!