This keto Parmesan eggplant recipe is a delicious and wholesome vegetarian keto dish. An absolute all round winner indeed. One of the great aspects about this keto eggplant Parmesan recipe is that you can make a big batch of it for weekly meal prep and even freeze it for a few days, it will easily last for 3-4 days in the chiller.
Overall I think keto eggplant Parmesan is an extremely wholesome dish. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed. I find that eggplant is a great meat substitute when you are trying to keep your protein macros in check. If you dig eggplants and you really should; why not try this Mediterranean style spicy keto eggplant also? Let me know if you made the keto eggplant Parmesan recipe in the comments.
Sara Louise's Keto Eggplant Parmesan
- 1 Large eggplant
- 3 Oz Full fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Cups Marinara sauce With no added sugar
- 6 Ounces Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 12 Oz Bag of riced cauliflower
- 1/4 Cup Cooking water (from the pan)
- 1 Tsp A pinch of sea salt
- Start by heating the oven to 375F
- Line Eggplant slices out evenly on some cooking paper and sprinkle with sea salt
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Now remove from the oven.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking tray with some butter to grease.
- Place half the eggplant slices on the tray.
- Top the eggplant slices with half of the marinara sauce and place to one side.
- Now cook the cauliflower for 5-6 minutes on low heat in water on the stove.
- Remove the cauliflower and retain the cooking water.
- Using your blender combine the frozen cauliflower, 1/4 cup of the cooking water, greek yogurt and sea salt It should make a smooth paste.
- Spread half of the cauliflower paste evenly over the top of the sauce and sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Repeat the process by placing the eggplant slices and marinara sauce and cauliflower paste.
- Wrap up by sprinkling any leftover Parmesan cheese over the eggplants.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in the oven until temptingly golden.
- Serve up when ready and tuck in.