Keto fish soups and keto fish stew is simply an awesome low carb soup recipe idea for those times you just want a quick, no fuss but filling keto seafood stew. Seafood is often neglected on keto compared to other popular proteins such as chicken, pork and turkey.
All these other proteins make great low carb soups and stews. Nevertheless if you are partial to a yummy keto fish stew you are in the right place. So let’s get out our fins and flippers and learn more about this tasty keto fish stew recipe. This keto fish stew recipe contains some intriguing spices and ingredients. Plus the recipe comes together in around 15-20 minutes cooking time.
You can use all different kinds of fish to make this low card seafood stew. Recommended seafoods that I often use are halibut or sea bass. However there are many possibilities so see the recipe notes also. For my part I tend to whip up this keto fish stew recipe at least once per month. The recipe is a firm favourite in my household.
Making The Keto Fish Stew Recipe
Be aware that this delicious keto fish stew recipe comes together best in a pressure cooker or Instapot. If you do not have one of these amazing kitchen appliances to help with your recipes; such as this keto fish stew then you are really missing a trick or two. Check out my free guide to the best pressure cookers before you try this keto fish stew. There are lots of resources online dedicated to seafood pressure cooker recipes; so you can learn as you go really.
Sara Louise's Keto Fish Stew
- 3 Pounds Skinless boneless sea bass or halibut according to preferences
- 2 Tbs Paprika
- 1 1/2 Tsps Tumeric
- 2 Cups Cold water
- 1/2 Cup Olive oil
- 30 Pitted green olives
- 3 Cups Diced tomatoes
- 1 Head fennel sliced very thin
- 2 Swiss chard red or green or one of each cut into 1 inch strips stems included
- 10 Cloves Garlic finely minced
- Place all of the keto fish stew ingredients in Instapot or your kitchen pressure cooker. Next just add the fish in and start mixing gently with a wooden spoon or ladle.
- Then add in vegetables and spices, the olive oil and olives stirring the flavors all together at first until they combine nicely.
- Cook the keto fish stew ingredients in the pressure cooker for 15-20 minutes or so.
- Serve the keto fish stew hot garnished with cilantro on top to a warm bowl.
- Tuck in and enjoy this low carb seafood stew, so tasty!
Did You Enjoy The Keto Fish Stew?
If this warming keto seafood soup ticked all your menu boxes let me know in the comments what you thought of the stew. Or if you happened to try changing the recipe in anyway? Since this fish stew is a very flexible recipe indeed. The stew can also function as a lighter keto fish soup if you simply thin it out a little.
Seafood lovers should rejoice since this low carb fish stew is one of the most flexible keto seafood recipes out there right now. Consider one of my other soups also such as this creamy turkey soup idea, so delicious and heart warming on a cold night or across those winter months.