Lots of people mistakenly believe that French bread is off limits while following a low carb ketogenic diet. Why, well simply because bread is associated with a high carb count. So normally eating regular bread as part of your daily intake would make it much harder to cut carbs overall.
Which is why many keto dieters shy away from breads and an understandable reason why lots of keto beginners often think that any bread is not allowed. Most of the time just tweaking an established recipe such as this keto French bread recipe is the real answer and you are back in business. Note this keto French bread recipe requires at least 6 eggs to make. I recommend free range eggs.
So the good news is that bread does not have to be off the menu at all while pursuing a keto healthy lifestyle. Yes you do have to make some adjustments on account of carb control. So while that wholemeal loaf from Walmart is still not the best choice for bread lovers. Some quick recipe research will tell you that there are scores of yummy keto bread recipes, these Hawaiian sweet bread rolls for example and we have several others on our site.
This low carb bread recipe however is all about making tasty keto French bread work happily for bread loving keto dieters. Should you require common ingredients for this French bread recipe, try our handy Walmart shopping list. Let me know if you made this keto French bread recipe and how it went.
Sara Louise's Keto French Bread
- Beat the eggs together with the cream cheese and melted butter in a mixing bowl until well combined and totally smooth across the mixture.
- Drop in the rest of the ingredients until and combine well, it should turn dough like in appearance; next let sit for 10-12 minutes.
- Head to your kitchen and warm your oven to 425F degrees ready to bake the keto French bread.
- Divide the dough into two even rows on the cooking tray. Score the bread with with diagonal slashes or simply use a pattern of your choice for the bread markings.
- Then sprinkle the sesame seeds on top of the dough if you are going to use seeds as they are optional. You can use other seeds also.
- Make sure the dough is centered on a good baking tray and place the keto French bread dough into the oven and close the oven door. Set the timer and wait.
- Let two minutes elapse then open the oven door and throw in 4 ice cubes to bake the keto French bread with steam which adds to the flavor.
- Drop the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees after 9-10 minutes. Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the French bread turns a light golden brown. Try using some water droplets to create steam while the bread cooks.
- Remove the keto French bread out of the oven and allow the bread to cool aside on its baking tray before slicing the bread neatly and serving to yours guests.
- You can serve the keto French bread on its own or as a side to something else, tasty either way.