Here is a tasty keto French bread recipe from Sara. Now many keto dieters mistakenly believe that French bread is off limits while following a low carb ketogenic diet. Why, well simply because bread is associated with a high carb count. So normally eating regular bread as part of your daily intake would make it much harder to cut carbs overall.
Which is why many keto dieters shy away from breads and an understandable reason why lots of keto beginners often think that any bread is not allowed even though there are now a plethora of exciting keto bread recipes to try. Most of the time just tweaking an established recipe such as this keto French bread recipe is the real answer and you are back in business. Note this keto French bread recipe requires at least 6 eggs to make. I recommend free range eggs.
So the good news is that bread does not have to be off the menu at all while pursuing a keto healthy lifestyle. Yes you do have to make some adjustments on account of carb control. So while that wholemeal loaf from Walmart is still not the best choice for bread lovers. Some quick recipe research will tell you that there are scores of yummy keto bread recipes, these Hawaiian sweet bread rolls for example and we have several others on our site.
Making The Keto French Bread
This low carb bread recipe however is all about making tasty keto French bread work happily for bread loving keto dieters. Should you require common ingredients for this keto French bread recipe, try our handy Walmart shopping list. Let me know if you made this keto French bread recipe and how it went.
Sara Louise's Keto French Bread
- Start by warming up the kitchen oven to a cozy 175-180 °C/ 355 °F (fan assisted oven.) You will certainly need to tweak the baking times for the keto French bread recipe depending entirely on the type of oven you have in your home. Baking times will also depend on the size of the baguettes also.
- Use a reliable kitchen scale to measure out all of the keto French bread ingredients for this keto bread recipe. Do this as carefully as possible then place the ingredients to one side.
- Next combine all of the dry ingredients in a suitable mixing bowl or prep basin. For clarity the dry ingredients consist of the: coconut flour, the psyllium powder, the baking soda, ground flaxseed and of course the pinch of sea salt to taste.)
- Find a separate suitable mixing bowl and readily combine the free range eggs, the egg whites and low fat buttermilk until evenly mixed and combined together. Eggs from free range hens are kinder to the hens, ( my choice. )
- Add the apple cider vinegar eg Braggs and the lukewarm fresh water and blend together once more until all the mixture for the keto French bread is nicely combined together.
- It is quite important to not over blend the dough mixture for the French bread recipe. Do not let it go too smooth!
- Using a ladle or spoon, make 8-9 medium or 15-16 mini French baguettes and place them on a rectangular baking tray lined with some quality parchment paper. Or if you prefer you may use a non-stick high heat tray if you have one of those style of baking trays to hand.
BAKING THE KETO FRENCH BREAD
- Once the dough mixture is placed in the oven and nicely baking; the keto French bread baguettes will soon start to rise. So make certain to allow adequate space between them where they sit on the baking tray.
- Place the keto French bread baguettes into your oven and breath easy for a few minutes as the hard work is mostly done. Now let the breads cook for 10-12 minutes or so.
- Now reduce the heat in the oven right down to 140- 150 °C/ 290-300 °F (fan assisted), or 170 °C/ 340 °F (for non assisted ovens.)
- Bake the keto Frech bread baguettes for another 35-40 minutes or so. Note if you elect to make smaller breads then you must reduce the baking time accordingly, just keep checking the oven. The breads should be a golden brown but not too toasted either!
- Remove the keto French bread baguettes from the oven, let the tray cool down and place the baguettes on a rack to cool down to room temperature. This may take several minutes.
- You can serve the keto French bread on its own or as a side to something else, the recipe is tasty either way. You can store the breads at room temp for a few days or freeze for longer use. You can freeze the keto French bread baguettes for several months actually.
FRENCH BREAD BAGUETTE SERVING IDEAS
- Serve these warm fresh breads up on their own, or with your favorite sub meats and protein. Or use the baguettes as a delicious side dish with a yummy keto soup or broth.
- You might want to consider making the smaller baguettes for soups and the larger ones for subs. So many delicious possibilities with this healthy keto French bread recipe.
- Prior to baking you can optionally, score the baguettes diagonally and make 3-5 cuts for that quintessentially French style. Happy baking!
MORE KETO BREAD RECIPES
- If you enjoyed baking the keto French bread baguettes then here are a whole raft of additional keto bread ideas to try out. 35+ yummy and healthy speciality breads in fact. There should be no stopping you now.
Complimentary Keto French Bread Infographic
Store this yummy keto French bread recipe away in your keto recipe scrapbook favorites. It will be a firm favorite bread recipe for many years to come.
Feel free to pin and share this free and unique Pinterest keto French bread recipe image on your own boards so that other keto dieters looking for a keto French bread recipe may enjoy it also.
Alternative Low Carb Keto Bread Recipes
This low carb French bread recipe is probably one our most popular recipes for keto dieters who crave the taste and smell of fresh oven baked keto breads. The joy of baking fresh bread doesn’t stop here though. Below I have listed a couple of additional keto bread recipes that are proving extremely popular. They are all low carb recipes and full of distinctive flavors and healthy macronutrients.
Keto bread rolls : Fancy a warm crusty bread roll to go with a heartwarming soup or broth.
Keto garlic bread : This garlic butter bread recipe is crunchy and full of tangy flavor.
Hawaiian sweet rolls : Bread that feels thick, sweet and full of substance, great for sharing over a good film with friends.
Which ever bread recipe you end up baking, if not my keto French bread you won’t be short of that bread like fix. For some of you I know that finding the perfect keto bread recipe has been a long time coming but. So warm the oven, tuck in and enjoy your pick of my best keto speciality bread recipes. You will be glad you did.