Lots of people mistakenly believe that bread is off limits while following a low carb ketogenic diet. Why, well simply because bread is associated with a high carb count. So normally eating regular bread as part of your daily intake would make it much harder to cut carbs overall.
Which is why many keto dieters shy away from breads and a understandable reason why lots of keto beginners often think that any bread is off limits. Most of the time just tweaking an established recipe such as this keto French bread recipe is the answer and you are back in business. Note this French bread recipe requires at least 6 eggs to make.
So the good news is that bread does not have to be off the menu at all while pursuing a keto healthy lifestyle. Yes you do have to make some adjustments on account of carb control. So that wholemeal loaf from Walmart is still not the best choice for bread lovers. Some quick recipe research will tell you that there are scores of yummy keto bread recipes, these Hawaiian sweet bread rolls for example and we have several others on our site.
This low carb bread recipe however is all about making tasty keto French bread work for keto dieters. Need common ingredients for this French bread recipe, try our handy Walmart shopping list.
Sara Louise's Keto French Bread
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs together with the cream cheese and melted butter until totally smooth.
- Add the ingredients until and mix until it resembles a soft dough. Let the dough sit aside for around ten minutes.
- Preheat your kitchen oven to 425 degrees ready to bake the keto French bread.
- Shape the dough or divide it into two rows of the baguette tray. Score the bread with with diagonal slashes or a pattern of your choice.
- Moisten the top of the bread dough with some cold water. Lightly shape. Then sprinkle the sesame seeds on top if you are going to use seeds as they are optional.
- Place the French bread dough into the oven and close the oven door.
- Let two minutes elapse then open the oven door and throw in 4 ice cubes to bake the keto French bread with steam which adds to the flavor.
- In 10 minutes lower the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the French bread turns a light golden brown.
- Take the keto French bread out of the oven and allow the bread to cool aside on its baking tray before slicing the bread neatly and serving to guests.
File this yummy keto French bread recipe away in your keto recipe scrapbook will you. It will be a firm favorite for many years to come. Everyone loves it. And do me a big favor please, would you share it on Facebook for me? Pin my bread recipe on Pinterest as well!