These keto French toast squares are a thrilling low carb breakfast idea. One of the big challenges with early morning riser breakfast recipes is simply remaining creative. As if you are a creative keto cook once of the big challenges is in coming up with something new, fresh and original to whip up for breakfast.
Now I don’t know why but I do think that these keto French toast squares are particularly suited to the weekend. For a leisurely relaxing morning of cooking while your family goes crazy at the bread aromas emanating from the kitchen. At least in my house that tends to be the drill. You can flavor these bready squares with a dash of cinnamon or garlic.
Of course just as with my popular French bread recipe you can prepare and eat the keto French toast squares any day of the week; the choice is yours. Do let me know in the comments if you tried to make these keto toasty squares.
French Toast Squares
- 1/4 cup Free range egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- cinnamon or garlic Just a sprinkle
- 1 hot dog bun eg Foxhills
- 2 tsp. light creamy butter or spread
- Start with a large mixing bowl, now combine the free range egg whites with the vanilla extract and a sprinkle of the cinnamon spice.
- Next take the hot dog bun and slice the bun in half. Use a medium size hot dog bun for this recipe.
- Cut each bun half widthwise into 4 sections, leaving you with 8 square shaped pieces.
- Coat the French toasty squares evenly with the free range egg mixture until nicely covered all over.
- On medium-high heat prepare a skillet or frying pan. Add in the creamy butter and let it coat the bottom, tip the pan if necessary.
- Cook the French toast squares, flipping them over every so often for 3-4 minutes.
- They should be nicely browned on both sides.
- Get ready to serve up with your choice of toppings, see notes.