The really good news is that on a Keto diet there are really great substitutes for ingredients like flour and breadcrumbs, which are the main ingredients needed to make fried foods such as these delicious keto fried chicken tenders. These low carb chicken tenders taste their best when accompanied with delicious Chick-Fil-a Sauce although you can easily use barbecue sauce also or another favorite such as my homemade ketchup for instance.
If you follow a Ketogenic Diet you probably already have almond flour in your pantry and if you don’t you should! I use Now Foods Raw Almond Flour it’s 100% pure, unblanched, gluten-free, and very low in those pesky carbs, making it a healthy, and tasty alternative to regular white flour. Almond flour is a staple ingredient in a lot of keto desserts and other recipes too so it is always good to have plenty to hand.
You will need a decent pyrex bowl for mixing your ingredients to make these delicious keto fried chicken tenders. Or your food processor of course.
Or pile a few of these yum keto fried chicken tenders onto a small plate for a delicious light meal or dipping snack. Entertaining perhaps? Well that works great also as these chicken tenders make for an awesome low carb party piece. Let me know what you think, as how you enjoy these delicious tenders is entirely up to you.
Sara Louise's Keto Fried Chicken Tenders
- You can marinate the chicken tenders along with the pickle juice overnight but if not, make sure you do so for at least an hour.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix almond flour, salt and pepper or whizz the ingredients in your food processor for a short burst.
- Create a line of three bowls, one with almond flour mixture, the second with the beaten eggs and the third with the pork rinds, try pork panko for this.
- Trawl the chicken meat through the almond flour mixture, then through the beaten egg and finally in the pork panko until the chicken is well coated all over.
- Fill a saute pan about 2 inches in depth with healthy coconut oil and put on medium high heat, to about 350 F.
- Once the oil is piping hot place your chicken tenders in the coconut oil and cook robustly for around 3 minutes on each side, turning until they appear a rich golden brown. The cooking time will vary depending on the meaty thickness of your chicken tenders and the pan that you are using.