Have you ever wondered just how to make delicious, tasty low carb keto ground beef empanadas? Well now the method is here for me to share with you. In fact these tender ground beef empanadas are made with a ketogenic friendly and low carb fathead dough then filled with juicy minced beef that you will not fail but to enjoy.
These ground beef empanadas are definitely one of my favorite keto recipes for lunch or evening meals. It’s a really easy empanada recipe to make. Just ensure that you have a great non stick pan when cooking the mix.
The recipe is so delicious plus it is a keto dish that is super versatile because you can make all different kinds of flavor combinations. Here of course we are using beef as our main meat but you can make keto empanadas with other meats such as chicken also
Ground Beef Empanadas
- 1½ cups mozzarella
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green olives if desired
- 1 tsp each: chilli powder cumin, smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup salsa of choice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a pan over a medium heat, cook the onions in 1-2 tbsp olive oil until slightly softened. Next add in the tender ground beef and break up the meat with a spatula. Season the meat mix with chilli powder, cumin and smoked paprika. Now cook the mixture until completely browned. Drop in any salsa of choice and set aside. You can add olives also if you so wish.
- While the beef meat is cooking, add some mozzarella and cream cheese to a bowl and microwave the mix for just one minute. Remove and stir well, then return the mix to the microwave for another minute. Now stir everything well.
- Next add the egg to mozzarella and cream cheese mixture and mix together well. Then add in the almond flour and mix well once more.
- The dough needs to be flat so roll the dough flat with a rolling pin or with a piece of plastic wrap on top and use a heavy bottle instead. Once you've rolled it totally flat, say about ¼" thick, use a bowl to cut circle shapes in the dough.
- For any excess dough, you can simply form into a ball then roll out again and repeat the process until all the dough has been used. After all you could make an extra beef empanada from the dough offcuts!
- Now lay down on a lightly greased cooking sheet, parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, whichever you prefer.
- Place a couple spoonfuls of beef meat mixture into each circle on one half and then neatly fold the other half right over. Be certain to press down firmly on the edges in order to seal the meat. You can also slightly roll the edges to make sure they're together well or use a fork to gently push down the edges to keep everything tidy before cooking.
- Once you've made all the ground beef empanadas, cook them at 425 degrees for 12 minutes until starting to turn golden brown in the oven then remove and set aside.