Just like my keto pizza recipes this ham and cheese Stromboli delivers a fun, tasty and rewarding experience in the kitchen. Want something more chewy than my fathead pizza this keto ham and cheese Stromboli tastes out of this world when you finally lay it on a warm plate and tuck in.
You can think of this tasty ham and cheese Stromboli recipe as a very large savory danish. This is a lunch idea that you can slice up and easily serve to people as an appetizer also. Some people may even choose to make this recipe as a breakfast; although I do rather think it is more suited to lunchtime.
Whenever you like my keto ham and cheese Stromboli just slice it up into small pieces and devour them as you see fit. Alternatively, you can cut into 4 large pieces and serve the ham and cheese Stromboli as a meal along side some leafy greens such as roasted broccoli and butter. Or if you want to go more traditionally Italian opt for green beans or some delicious pan fried asparagus. Either way you won’t go far wrong with my stromboli!
Sara Louise’s Keto Ham and Cheese Stromboli
- Start by warming your oven to 400F and in a microwave melt your mozzarella cheese. After around 1 minute it should be nice and gooey.
- Mix the almond flour, coconut flour and seasonings into a medium mixing bowl, then place the melted mozzarella cheese on top and begin to combine it together.
- When the cheese has had a chance to cool, add in your egg and mix together.
- When the mix is combined, move it over to a flat surface with some parchment paper and lay a sheet of parchment over it.
- Use a rolling pin or your hand to flatten it out, a rolling pin is better for this.
- Use a sharp knife or a pizza slicer to cut diagonal lines beginning from the edges of the dough to the very center, you must leave a row of dough untouched about 3.5 – 4 inches wide.
- Alternate laying ham and cheddar cheese on that uncut stretch 4 inches of Stromboli dough. Now lift one section of the dough at a time and lay it over the top, this will cover your ham and cheese filling.
- Now bake the ham and cheese keto Stromboli it for about 15-20 minutes in your warmed oven until you see it has turned a golden brown color. It will soon be ready to serve up and devour, just yum!