These tasty keto cranberry scones come packed with the delight of Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. my low carb keto cranberry scones recipe are a delicious choice for upcoming holiday parties across fall and winter. As well as across into the New Year and beyond. Scones can be high on carbs and calories but with a few tweaks the recipe becomes a lot more keto friendly.
In fact these tasty holiday cranberry scones will delight everybody with their fresh cranberries and healthy almond flour. My keto cranberry scones are easy to bake in any festive kitchen, make sure you have a decent non stick baking tray though.
The only serious choice you have to make next; is how many of these festive low carb cranberry scones to bake. Since you and your family will surely love my keto cranberry scones recipe over the holiday and festive season.
Sara Louise's Keto Holiday Cranberry Scones
- Wash cranberries and place in a bowl with boiling water and soak for 10 minutes, they should split open
- Drain and dry in a towel, getting rid of as much moisture as possible
- Mix the cranberries with a water and sweetener mixture of 1 cup water and 1/2 cup XyloSweet
- For 12 Ounces of fresh cranberries you will only need 1/4 cup of this mixture
- Please keep in mind that the recipe calls for dried cranberries and the fresh cranberries will shrink in size, and this very important step in the recipe for sweet dried cranberries will help make the cranberries taste sweet like the ones that are packaged that you can buy at the store
- Using a baking sheet covered in 2 sheets of parchment paper, place the cranberries spaced apart to allow air to circulate around
- Set oven to 150 degrees
- Place in oven for 8 hours, some like to do this step overnight
- Remove and allow to cool between 15-30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350
- Using cake beaters combine the butter, Xylo Sweetener, egg and vanilla until fluffy
- In a separate bowl mix together the almond flour, baking soda and salt
- Slowly combine both mixtures using a slow setting
- By hand, add the dried cranberries and chopped almonds and mix well
- Using an ice cream scooper drop scoopfuls of dough onto a greased baking tray spread apart
- Bake 20-24 minutes depending on oven
- Please check your scones carefully as every oven varies, when they just start to brown remove
- Allow to cool and place in an airtight container for storage