If you love turkey and let us be honest turkey is a delicious, healthy white meat that we all enjoy devouring over the winter holidays. My keto smoked holiday turkey is popular at Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Day. Keto dieters even love this recipe on Easter Sunday.
Keto holiday turkey smoked in bacon is one great idea. All the family will be anxious to see what is cooking as they savor the delicious aromas drifting from the busy oven.
Prepare the keto holiday turkey with healthy avocado oil or coconut oil and this bird is ready to fly again, onto your waiting dinner plate that is. Enjoy this tasty holiday meal with friends and family. Then let me know what you thought of this keto holiday turkey recipe.
Sara Louise's Keto Smoked Holiday Turkey
- To bring out that smoked flavor soak pecan wood chips in a big bowl of cold water for a minimum of 6 hours, around 12 hours is a good time.
- Cook the keto holiday turkey using either a smoker or charcoal grill.
- Set charcoal grill or smoker for indirect heat, to around 275 degrees F.
- Add the soaked pecan wood chips to hot charcoal and allow them to char very well before starting to smoke the turkey.
- Place the turkey on the rack inside of the cooking pan or oven.
- Now you need to baste the keto holiday turkey.
- Brush entire turkey with oil generously, all around and on the sides until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the kosher salt and black pepper on turkey evenly and it is ready to roast.
- Place roaster pan in smoker or charcoal grill with the top shut completely closed for 45 minutes.
- Using a mixing bowl combine the vinegar, chicken stock and Lakanto. Every 30 minutes or so baste the turkey.
- Keep basting until, when using a meat thermometer the temperature of the part of the breast registers to 155 degrees F. and the thigh registers to 165 degrees F.
- The turkey should be a very satisfying golden brown color and should be done between in 3-5 hours, exactly how long will depend on the uncooked weight of the turkey.
- When it is ready you can remove the rack and pan and reserve juices for the gravy. Add some extra boiling water if necessary.
- Place the smoked keto holiday turkey on a large cutting board and allow to cool down for 15-20 minutes before carving and serving to family and guests.