This scrumptious and easy to make keto homemade birthday strawberry shortcake is simply delicious. My shortcake is a low carb version of the regular shortcake that will have your guests or family and friends drooling with anticipation. Note to all shortcake lovers; you will need a good non stick baking tray or cake pan to ensure that the mix does not fall apart.
Plus I have to say that this keto homemade birthday strawberry shortcake is great fun to make and bake any time of the month. Especially if you fancy some low carb comfort desert to go with any main meal, lunch or dinner. Try my keto homemade birthday strawberry shortcake and see for yourself!
Sara Louise's Keto Homemade Birthday Strawberry Shortcake
Filling and Topping :
- 1 1/2 Pounds of fresh strawberries sliced thin
- 1/2 Cup melted butter
- 6 Cups Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- 2 Tsps Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 6-10 Tbs Unsweetened Coconut milk or creamer
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a cake mixer combine the coconut flour, baking soda, eggs, butter, Lakanto and vanilla
- Grease two 9 inch round pans with butter
- Pour batter into both pans
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center
- All ovens vary in temperature so please check oven frequently from the outside door
- Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack before filling & frosting the cake
- Filling & Frosting the Shortcake :
- In a mixer bowl, cream butter. Add Swerve confectioners sweetener, vanilla, salt, and enough Coconut milk or creamer to achieve a spreadable consistency. Until smooth and creamy.
- Spread frosting on top of one cake sheet in between the two cakes and lay thin slices of strawberries evenly.
- Place the other cake on top of the strawberries and frosting.
- Frost the outside of the cake, evenly all around. When the frosting is done, decorate the top with strawberry slices .
- Serve and enjoy my strawberry shortcake recipe.