My keto hotdogs recipe is another creation that flies in the face of the notion that fast food style recipes are a no go area if you are following the ketogenic diet. You see I am a firm believer that even the likes of hamburgers and other traditionally high carb foods can be reworked for keto.
Of course this does not mean that these foods are going to be so low carb that you can munch on them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. That however is not my goal here. The best way to cook these yummy keto hotdogs is with a cast iron skillet but you can use a frying pan also.
Rather with my delicious keto hotdogs recipe it was my aim to tweak the ingredient and serve up a delicious variation on the ever popular hotdogs that keto dieters can enjoy in moderation as part of their broader low carb eating regime. I think you will enjoy my keto hotdogs recipe so be sure to try it out and let me know what you think of the recipe.
Sara Louise's Keto Hotdogs
- 28 oz Hot dogs 2 packs - When I use hot dogs I only use all beef hot dogs with no nitrites and no preservatives. Be sure to read the ingredients for hidden sugars, cereals, and carbs.
- 16 oz Nathan’s mustard. It’s a really bold NY Deli mustard.
- 1 cup Lakanto syrup.
- Cut up the hot dogs into small 1 inch pieces
- Place in mixing pot and add your fav mustard and lakanto syrup.
- Cook on low heat for an hour.
- Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
SERVING UP THE HOTDOGS
- Serve over some yummy riced cauliflower.
- Pour the extra sauce on top of the cauliflower rice.
- Serves 12 normal people but I guarantee you they will want seconds.
File this yummy recipe away in your keto recipe scrapbook will you. It will be a firm favorite for many years to come. Everyone loves it. And do me a big favor please, would you share it on Facebook for me? Pin my keto hotdogs recipe on Pinterest as well!