If you love the aromas and taste of delicious spicy keto Jamaican jerk chicken then you will fall in love with this low carb chicken main meal. A meal that delivers the taste of Jamaica and literally the best, and easiest to make keto jerk chicken recipe that I’ve ever had. Not only that this dish is super easy and so much fun to prepare and cook on the grill.
The spicy chili peppers really bring the flavor in the chicken home to roost. This is such a great keto choice for either lunch or dinner. After cooking simply serve the keto Jamaican jerk chicken to a warm plate. Garnish with some lemon or lime; just amazing and so, so tasty. Need even more keto chicken ideas try my hotlist.
If you made this keto chicken dinner; please let me know what you thought of the keto Jamaican jerk chicken recipe in the comments below the recipe.
Sara Louise's Keto Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 2 whole chickens cut up in 1/8’s
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium/large onion chopped
- 2 chili peppers chopped
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican Jerky spice ground
- 1/2 cup wheat free Tamari sauce
- 3 scallions chopped extra fresh
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon of ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- To start preparing this tasty Keto Jamaican jerk chicken recipe combine the garlic, onions, scallions, chili peppers, Jerk Spice, all spice, nutmeg, thyme, black pepper and salt in your blender or food processor.
- Hit the switch and process until it forms a paste.
- While the machine is processing, add the coconut oil and Tamari sauce to the mix.
- Pour the combined mixture into a large pan.
- Place the cut chickens into the pan and combine again.
- Coat the chicken evenly with the sauce so it is totally covered.
- Cover and refrigerate in the cooler overnight.
- The following day light up your grill ready for the keto Jamaican jerk chicken.
- With the grill set on high cook the chicken meat until those gorgeous grill lines appear etched in the chickens as they grill in the heat. Do not over do it.
- Drop the heat back down to medium.
- Close the grill cover and cook closed to keep the spice flavor at maximum.
- Use your thermometer to make sure the chicken is nicely cooked and done.
- Garnish with slices lemon or lime.
- Serve up to a warm plate with choice of sides and tuck in.