Hello beef lovers, you will find that this recipe for keto Korean Ground Beef is an absolute winner on all fronts and especially at lunchtime. Not only is this Keto Korean Beef Zo Mein recipe totally delicious, it’s also low carb, paleo also and cooks in about 15 minutes from start to finish! Note this is not Lo Mein beef which is a Chinese version, our recipe uses zoodles which have a fraction of the calories.
You may not have heard of zoodles particularly versus other flour based everyday noodles. You see compared to regular pasta, zucchini pasta offers way less calories. One big cup of zoodles has only about 30–40 calories; compare that to regular spaghetti or linguini, which has about 210 calories per cup! So my ground beef version is a Zo Mein.
In other words this is a fun and relatively quick Keto Korean Beef Zo Mein meal that you can whip together easily for a tasty lunchtime family meal or a memorable get together. If you are feeling selfish; as this is a very tasty keto dish you can eat it all yourself instead!
Sara Louise's Keto Korean Beef Zo Mein
- 2 Pounds beef cut into small thin pieces such as flank steak or similar
- 10 String beans cut into 1/4 pieces
- 4 Chili peppers chopped into thin slices
- 6 Cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tbs wheat free tamari
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 4 Large zucchini made into zoodles using Sprializer
- 1 Tbs Swerve Sweetener
- 2 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 2 Tbs dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbs Pinot Grigio
- Using your spiralizer, make the 4 zucchini into a big bowl of zoodles and set aside
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat
- Add olive and sesame oil
- Toss in pieces of beef
- Stir until cooked through
- Add garlic, tamari sauce, swerve and salt and stir well
- Pour the 2 Tbs of wine in and stir again
- Add cut up string beans and sliced chili peppers and toss to combine well
- Add the zoodles to mixture and toss to coat well