Everybody loves a heartwarming keto meat pie and perhaps you have been hunting high and low for the ultimate low carb keto meat pie recipe? This is a keto ground beef meat pie recipe; although you can use other keto friendly proteins such as lamb for instance. Hence ground lamb keto meat pie or venison is a equally tasty ingredient choice. That said if you are looking for top notch keto keto ground beef recipes then you may have found what you were looking for right here.
The other aspect to this low carb meat pie recipe is that this keto minced meat pie has an easily worked dairy-free pie crunchy crust. On this occasion we opted to fill our pie with ground beef meat and tangy flavoursome cottage cheese, but you can use other cheeses or any pie filling you desire really. In fact this keto meat pie dish is so flexible, the only limit is your imagination and creativity in the kitchen!
Sara’s Keto Meat Pie Recipe With Ground Beef
Now there is an excellent chance you arrived on this page in search of the healthiest recipe for low carb keto meat pie? The really good news is that this in depth recipe includes full details on the keto meat pie crust recipe and the pie filling also. Ready to tuck in to my heartwarming keto meat pie yet? Let’s go into the kitchen right now and start preparing this delicious keto meat pie with ground beef shall we!
What About The Keto Meat Pie Filling
This detailed recipe includes full instructions on how to prepare and make both the keto meat pie filling and the delicious pie crust. You can use different fillings, this recipe uses ground beef but other good choices include lamb or even venison. Along with your choice of cheeses and spices. Just update your macros accordingly.
Keto Meat Pie
Making The Keto Meat Pie Crust
Meat Pie Topping
- 7 oz. shredded grated cheese
- 8 oz. cottage cheese
- 1¼ lbs ground beef or ground lamb
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped or diced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano or dried basil
- ½ yellow onion finely chopped or diced
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 4 tbsp tomato paste or ajvar relish
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ cup cold water
- Begin making the keto meat pie by preheating the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Then fry the yellow onion and garlic clove after chopping in some soft butter or olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Wait until the yellow onion is soft. Then add the ground beef or the ground lamb meat and keep frying in the pan on a medium heat.
- Now drop in the oregano or basil. Then add the pinch of salt and pepper as well.
- The add some tomato paste along with the cold water. reduce the heat and allow to simmer for at least 18-20 minutes. You can proceed to make the dough for the meat pie crust in the meantime.
- Using your food processor mix all of the meat pie crust ingredients for a few minutes until all combined and the keto meat pie crust dough turns into a neat ball shape. If you don't have a food processor, you can mix the crust ingredients by hand. It just takes longer and is more work.
- Place a round piece of parchment paper in a well-greased deep pie pan. It should ideally be around 8-10 inches in diameter. This just makes easier to remove the pie when it's cooked in teh oven. Next up spread the keto meat pie crust dough in the pan and up along the sides as well. You might find that it is easir to use a spatula for this task. Once the pie crust is shaped to the pan, prick the bottom of the pie crust with a fork or cooking prong.
- Next in the oven pre-bake the keto meat pie crust for around 12-15 minutes depending on the power of your oven. Finally remove completely from the oven and insert the meat in the crust. Add in the cottage cheese and grated cheese together until they stick, and layer the cheese evenly on top of the pie ready for baking in the oven.
- Bake the keto meat pie on lower rack for 35-40 minutes or until the pie has turned a golden brown color. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for a few minutes.
- You can now serve the keto meat pie with ground beef to a warm plate along with your choice of sides. Tuck in and enjoy.
Complimentary Keto Meat Pie Infographic
Did you enjoy baking and tasting the keto meat pie? I sure hope so. You could also try some other combinations of this filling ground beef recipe. For example try a keto bacon and meat pie or a variant keto meat pie with mashed cauliflower. If you collect yummy keto meat pie recipes such as this please feel free to use this complimentary pin graphic below on your favorite social media platform or blog.
Did You Enjoy The Keto Meat Pie Recipe
We think that every keto dieter deserves to enjoy a tasty keto meat pie dish for their lunch or dinner. Be sure to pass this low carb meat pie recipe on to anyone who might like to try it. Remember that this dish includes a keto meat pie crust recipe as well as the ground beef or lamb filling. Just choose your protein and cheese filling and you are good to go.
Alternatives to Keto Ground Beef Recipes
Other keto meat pie ideas and alternative keto ground beef recipes to try making, include my vegetable meatloaf recipe. However for more daily keto dinner recipes and low carb lunch options consider joining our free e-letter or our low carb keto Facebook support group. Perhaps we will see you there soon.
KetoRush24 is my rapid ketosis program that includes shopping lists, meal and exercise planner, and power recipes to help you break out of a stall and get into ketosis in the shortest time possible. Click here to find out more