You will fall in love with this keto Memphis BBQ sauce recipe. As soon as the sun shines and the weather warms what better opportunity to roll out the BBQ grill and cook delicious chicken wings or tender rib eye steaks? Homemade keto sauces such as this secret smokey keto Memphis BBQ sauce recipe are a delicious way to add some serious flavor to your grilled keto meals.
I always advocate homemade sauces over shop purchased varieties. As is the case here with the homemade keto Memphis BBQ sauce. Simply put while on keto it is so much easier to control important macro ingredients such as sugars and other additives.
Plus making homemade keto sauces is so much fun. Once you have made keto Memphis sauce at home once you will never look back. It does not matter whether you are BBQ or ‘barbecue’ the keto Memphis sauce recipe is just as smoky and tasty. If you enjoyed this sauce recipe then also try my homemade tomato sauce, it is just as good and yummy.
Sara Louise's Keto Memphis BBQ Sauce (Secret Recipe)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Sugar Free Liquid Smoke Drops Such as lazy kettle
- 2 cups Sugar Free Tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup Apple cider vinegar for example Bragg
- 1 tsp Bourbon
- 2/3 cup Lakanto Xylitol or Swerve
- 1 tsp Nathan’s Famous Deli Mustard
- 1 tsp sugar free hot sauce
- 1 Onion medium finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground Black pepper
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 leaf fresh basil minced
- Step One: Stir the Memphis sauce ingredients together Over Low Heat
- GENTLY Mix all above ingredients together some more in the pot
- Step Two: Allow to simmer on low heat for 20 minutes at least.
- Place in the chiller to cool and refrigerate.
- Cook this sauce in a high quality cooking pot.