It is true we may be used to seeing red peppers adorning our favorite keto recipes. For example with chicken or in stir fry. Actually red peppers make a delicious main meal in their own right. As you shall see with my keto roasted red peppers recipe.
My keto roasted red peppers are a classic, tasty and extremely healthy dish that should be on everyones keto meal plan. Keto roasted red peppers are easy to prepare especially when you use this toaster oven.
They can be on your plate ready to eat inside an hour. My red peppers are totally yummy and the ingredients so simple and readily available. If you wish you can stuff your roasted red peppers with a range of yummy toppings also. Doing so will change the macros slightly of course. I think you will agree that my roasted red peppers are a real hit once you try my keto peppers recipe for the very first time.
Sara Louise's Keto Roasted Red Peppers
- Turn broiler on low and place red peppers on a large metal cooking tray
- Put in broiler for 2-3 minutes on each side as you finish all 3 sides of pepper
- Remove from broiler and let the peppers cool down for around 5 minutes.
- Using caution peel the skin off of the flesh of the red peppers and remove the stem and the seed which will be exposed.
- Using a cutting board the slice the red peppers into 1 inch long slices.
- Preheat your oven to 250.
- Line some parchment paper on large metal baking tray about 12 x 18 inches
- Place the sliced red peppers on the baking tray and set aside.
- Mix together the sliced garlic, vinegar, olive oil and salt.
- Drizzle evenly over the red peppers.
- Put tray in the center of your oven for 20 minutes and turn over and again for another 20 minutes evenly cooking the peppers
- Continue to watch your pepper recipe until they begin to dry.
- Serve up as appetizer or side dish and add any extra toppings as you see fit.