How do you make a classy pizza that thrills your keto taste buds? Then how do you make a classy keto pizza perfect for more sophisticated dining and also for regular lunches and dinners? The answer is a pizza with a thinner crust but loaded with healthy and insatiable low carb pizza toppings. There is only one way to do this; namely with my low carb Roman keto pizza.
It took some time and patience to bring about my thin crust keto Roman pizza with plenty of ingredient tweaking here and there. Plus some real world testing naturally. I think you will be satisfied with the end results. Not only that this Italian style keto Roman pizza is just tremendous fun to prepare and cook in your kitchen.
This tasty keto Roman pizza simply tastes scrumptious as soon as you tuck in. Just make sure that you have a robust pizza baking tray to hand as this pizza means serious business. You may want to get a rectangular pizza baking tray, it depends on how you like it. I have provided links to some suitable pizza pans below.
The good thing also about my keto Roman pizza recipe is that you can play around with a wide selection of healthy pizza toppings. This version below uses cheeses and sun dried tomatoes with a thinner crust but you don’t have to. Be sure to let me know what you think of my keto Roman pizza recipe and share with your friends.
Sara Louise's Thin Crust Keto Roman Pizza
ROMAN PIZZA INGREDIENTS
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 3/4 Cups Mozzarella cheese well shredded
- 1/4 Tsp Sea salt
- 3 Tsp Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 Tsp Basil
- 1/4 Tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ground black pepper
MAKING THE ROMAN PIZZA TOPPING
- 2 Oz Fresh baby arugula
- 4 Large garlic cloves finely minced
- 8 Oz Whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 Oz Fresh basil finely chopped
- 2 Tbs Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Oz Sun dried tomatoes finely sliced as garnish
- Preheat your kitchen oven to 390 degreed
- Cover a pizza tray using some parchment, you may need a rectangular tray depending on your keto Roman pizza design.
- Rub your fingers with some extra virgin olive oil and spread evenly on the lined pizza baking tray.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the keto Roman pizza dough in a mixing bowl.
- Spread the pizza dough evenly around tray.
- Remove the top paper.
- Bake in your oven between 8-14 minutes, until the begins to become golden. The time will vary if you have fan assist.
- Remove from your oven and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl use a spatula to combine some salt, fresh basil, the garlic and the parmesan and ricotta cheese.
- Spread the mix evenly all over the Roman pizza crust
- Place in your oven for around 5-6 minutes
- Add some arugula and garnish the Roman pizza with sun dried tomatoes all around. It should be looking enticing already.
- Drizzle the keto Roman pizza with some olive oil.
- Place in your oven for two more minutes and keep an eye on it.
- Remove the Roman pizza from oven and set aside.
- Cut into even slices/pieces and serve warm to your guests or family, just divine.