Simple and delicious breakfast Scotch eggs that really pack some punch each time you make them. Eggs are so healthy and this keto Scotch eggs breakfast recipe is no exception. Ideal for a warming breakfast or served cold for snacking.
At breakfast time you can also enhance your Scotch eggs recipe with seasoning. Such as keto sauces and special flavorings as you see fit. I feel that all your keto family and friends will adore these fabulous and healthy keto Scotch eggs; so go warm the oven and make them today! The keto Scotch eggs come together in around 30-35 minutes cooking time.
Keto Scotch Eggs
- 2 hard boiled free range eggs
- ½ lb. 8 oz minced / ground sausage meat
- A pinch of sea salt for seasoning
- Keto mayonnaise
- To begin making the Scotch eggs you must hard boil the eggs.
- In a saucepan, boil water in enough depth to sufficiently boil the eggs.
- How long you boil depends on how hard or runny you like the yolk.
- For the yolk fully firm, leave in boiling water 10 minutes.
- Or for very runny eggs boil for just 5-6 minutes.
- Carefully put each egg into bowl of cold water.
- Crack each egg slightly after a few minutes so water can get under the egg shell, for ease of peeling.
- Refresh water to cold again.
After sitting for a few more minutes, peel shell off and rinse eggs and dry.
- Season the eggs with a pinch of sea salt.
Take ground meat and portion into approximately 4 oz servings. Press each flat so it will wrap around the egg.
- Position the egg and wrap meat around the egg, forming with the moisture. It will look like a meat egg.
- Now place on a rimmed cookie baking tray with parchment and bake 30-35 minutes in a 390° degree oven. Adjust times according to oven specification.
- Allow to cool right down.
Serve each egg with 1 tbsp of keto homemade sauce or mayonnaise.
Tuck in and enjoy.