For those who don’t know keto Shakshuka is a traditional Middle Eastern or North African dish consisting of eggs poached in a flavorful tomato sauce. It comes together just fine on keto.
In fact keto Shakshuka is a single pan family-style dish that is easy to prepare using everyday keto ingredients from Walmart and other popular grocery stores. Typically the sauce in the keto Shakshuka is vegetarian and may include beans or potatoes. On keto you can sub those potatoes for turnips or just stick with peppers.
Either way the keto Shakshuka is a truly delicious and original recipe that you simply must try out. Did you try this flavorsome keto recipe? Let me know in the comments below if you tried making the keto Shakshuka?
Sara Louise's Middle Eastern Keto Shakshuka
- 1 Big red bell pepper cut in thin strips
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil
- 4 Whole Jalapenos
- 7 cloves Garlic peeled and cut into slices
- 5 Tomatoes Peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 Tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 Big onion cubes
- 1/4 Cup chopped parsley
- 8 Free range large eggs
- 1 Tbs Tomato paste
- 1/4 Cup Feta cheese
- 1 Tbs Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Black pepper
- Begin making the tasty Keto Shakshuka Recipe by heating up the coconut oil in a large shallow pan and then adding the red pepper strips, sliced garlic, whole jalapeños, chopped onion and tomato paste to the pan.
- Saute the mix all together on a medium to high temperature for 10-12 minutes or so.
- Now drop in the cubed tomatoes to the pan mixture and cook for another 5-6 minutes while combining.
- Add 1/3 cup water and the paprika, salt and pepper to the pan.
- Cover and let all cook for 10-12 minutes
- Using a spatula make a hole for each individual free range egg and gently place inside the pan.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes
- Carefully sprinkle some Feta cheese on the top and garnish neatly with a few sprigs of parsley
- Cover and let finish to cook for 10-12 minutes
- Cooking time 40-45 minutes give or take.
- Serve up to a warm plate and tuck in.