Well this keto Shawarma with steamed Bok Choy may sound like a bit of a mouthful. Try saying it backwards but I assure you the recipe is super tasty, healthy and fun to make. Bok Choy is a vegetable, a type of Chinese cabbage; which is also perfect for a low carb stir fry to to go along side a Chinese chicken; which is another easy keto dish that is quick to put together.
For the super interested among you all; Shawarma is actually a Middle Eastern meat preparation that is based on the döner kebab of Ottoman Turkey. Originally when first made; the recipe was made of lamb or mutton.
While today’s shawarma may also be chicken, turkey, beef, or even veal. So think of this keto Shawarma with steamed Bok Choy recipe as a more exotic version of regular chicken and cabbage. However you will not be disappointed as the aroma when this cooks is amazing!
KetoRush24 is my rapid ketosis program that includes shopping lists, meal and exercise planner, and power recipes to help you break out of a stall and get into ketosis in the shortest time possible. Click here to find out more
Sara Louise's Keto Shawarma With Steamed Bok Choy
- To begin just boil fresh chicken breast in water on high heat for 16-20 minutes letting it cook robustly until there is no pink.
- Remove and cut the chicken meat into thin slices no bigger than finger size portions.
- Place the chicken meat to one side.
- Cut your onions in long neat strips.
- Heat a pan which is minimum of 2"deep
- Add a little oil on high heat.
- Add your onions to the heated pan.
- Sprinkle with pinch of salt to allow onions to begin to caramelize
- This should take no longer than 5-6 minutes on a high heat.
- Add the sliced chicken breast and place seasonings on top of the chicken meat.
- Saute on medium to high heat for around 6-7 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water leaving to cook 8-10 minutes on low heat.
- While The Shawarma is cooking :
- Steam the Bok Choy vegetables.
- Then add your Shawarma ( chicken ) on top
- Serve on dish as is; or with a flat pitta and arrange as you like.
- Tuck in and go cook some more.