Silver tip roast is cut from the shoulder of the body, for this reason silver tip cuts are a favorite of kosher cooks around the world. In so far as beef goes silver tip also a lean and relatively inexpensive cut of beef, endearing it to smart cooks and recipe makers, kosher or not.
Did you know that most deli-sliced roast beef you purchase from the meat counter or grocer is made from a silver tip beef cut?
This is my take on the delicious keto silver tip roast beef, I think you will discover it makes for a delicious, tender and juicy lunch for any day of the week, especially the Sunday roast. Try my silver tip roast recipe and you won’t be disappointed!
Sara Louise's Keto Silvertip Roast
- 1 Large onion sliced
- 5 lbs silvertip Roast beef
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Sweet Paprika
- 3 Tbs olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 Tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup Pinot Noir
- 1/2 water or 1 cup if you don’t use the wine above.
- 1 cup of Harlan Kilstein’s Ketchup
- Place onion on the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Top with meat (rinse off with water first)
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Combine garlic, oil, and all spices in a bowl and cover the meat.
- Let it sit for an hour or two to absorb the flavors.
- Combine the wine, water, and ketchup and pour over the meat.
- Insert an oven thermometer into the thickest part of the meat.
- Place in the oven uncovered for 45 minutes
- Cover the meat and let it cook until the thermometer shows 135 degrees.
- The meat will be rare at that time BUT… the meat continues to cook after you take it out of the oven.
- Let me meat cool for 30-45 before slicing thin.
- Cover with juices and warm it up in the oven if you like well done.