Silver tip roast is cut from the shoulder of the body, for this reason silver tip cuts are a favorite of kosher cooks around the world. In so far as beef goes silver tip also a lean and relatively inexpensive cut of beef, endearing it to smart cooks and recipe makers, kosher or not.
Did you know that most deli-sliced roast beef you purchase from the meat counter or grocer is made from a silver tip beef cut?
This is my take on the delicious keto silver tip roast beef, I think you will discover it makes for a delicious, tender and juicy lunch for any day of the week, especially the Sunday roast. Try my silver tip roast recipe and you won’t be disappointed!
KetoRush24 is my rapid ketosis program that includes shopping lists, meal and exercise planner, and power recipes to help you break out of a stall and get into ketosis in the shortest time possible. Click here to find out more
Sara Louise's Keto Silvertip Roast
- 1 Large onion sliced
- 5 lbs silvertip Roast beef
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Sweet Paprika
- 3 Tbs olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 Tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup Pinot Noir
- 1/2 water or 1 cup if you don’t use the wine above.
- 1 cup of Harlan Kilstein’s Ketchup
- Place onion on the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Top with meat (rinse off with water first)
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Combine garlic, oil, and all spices in a bowl and cover the meat.
- Let it sit for an hour or two to absorb the flavors.
- Combine the wine, water, and ketchup and pour over the meat.
- Insert an oven thermometer into the thickest part of the meat.
- Place in the oven uncovered for 45 minutes
- Cover the meat and let it cook until the thermometer shows 135 degrees.
- The meat will be rare at that time BUT… the meat continues to cook after you take it out of the oven.
- Let me meat cool for 30-45 before slicing thin.
- Cover with juices and warm it up in the oven if you like well done.