Now for some of you especially our European visitors to our healthy keto recipe web site you may be wondering what on earth are Sloppy Joes? Never mind how you might come up with delicious low carb keto Sloppy Joes. Well let me tell you a little about this keto Sloppy Joe recipe first of all. This is one interesting keto snack recipe.
What Exactly Are Keto Sloppy Joes?
Indeed, a sloppy joe is a delicious tasty sandwich consisting of ground beef or pork, onions, tomato sauce or ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and other seasonings, served on a hamburger bun. The Sloppy Joe recipe first originated in the United States during the early 20th century. In some ways it is similar to a traditional hamburger save for the meat, typically ground beef being much looser in the sandwich.
This keto Sloppy Joe recipe is a healthier, keto friendly variation of that original recipe. As far as keto recipes go I would recommend making keto Sloppy Joes as snack food or for easy eating. They go great if you have a gathering for a big game night for example. You can pair them up with some sticky keto chicken wings and our low carb condiments like this keto mayonnaise for a delicious healthy feed with zero guilt.
Regardless of how you pair up these keto Sloppy Joes with other foods the recipe rarely dissapoints. Perhaps the hardest task is in deciding whether to go for yummy ground beef or soft, delicious ground pork.
Making The Keto Sloppy Joes
I choose to add spicy onions and some ground black pepper, there is no need to over spice these scrumptious keto Sloppy Joes after all. Using Foxhill buns is a good choice for the bread as well. Be sure to leave a comment if you try and make this recipe. I always like to hear feedback, good or bad. I hope these keto Sloppy Joes help with your daily keto meals.
Sara Louise's Keto Sloppy Joes
- 1 cup sugar free ketchup or my barbecue sauce
- 1 tbs lakanto sweetener
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil of coconut oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- Brown onion in coconut oil.
- 2 pounds ground beef Add
- 1 tbs ground white horseradish no sugar no soy
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- 1/4 tspn freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tspn dry mustard
- 1 fox hill buns
- Make sure to choose a ground meat with a good fat content. If you use a lean ground beef, it will come out too dry. However fatty beef or pork is a good choice for these keto Sloppy Joes.
- Mix together the Sloppy Joe sandwich ingredients and set aside.
- Add the sauce and combine together well
- Simmer the ingredients until done.
- Serve over Fox Hill Buns or with a similar reputable keto bread brand.