s This is a Mediterranean style keto egg plant recipe, there are so many ways of preparing an eggplant as part of a ketogenic meal plan. For instance Thai, Indian eggplant or this keto eggplant Parmesan recipe; just take your pick.
In fact all it takes to make eggplant appealing is a little familiarity; whether you’re grilling the eggplant, or roasting it, sautéing it, or just blending it with tasty keto dips and proteins. We especially like it when it’s smoky and charred from intense direct heat, with the skin of the egg plant all wrinkled up nicely.
You can extend this spicy keto eggplant recipe by adding extra ingredients such as ground beef or parsley. The choice is yours. Anyway enough of all that; on with the Mediterranean style spicy keto egg plant recipe. So tasty and healthy, let me know if you made this spicy keto eggplant recipe in the comments.
Sara Louise's Keto Spicy Eggplant
- Set your oven grill
- Rinse and drain the eggplant
- Slice the eggplant into thin large round circle shapes
- Place on thick kitchen foil or a sturdy baking tray.
- Place the eggplant circles all evenly on the foil or tray.
- Spread olive oil on each circle evenly, use a brush for this.
- Place in the oven grill
- Check after 2 minutes or so
- The keto eggplant should be slightly golden, check it is not over cooking
- Turn over to cook the other side.
- Grill on other side until golden and cooked
- Remove and place to one side
- Mix all spices in a suitable cup
- Spread mixture evenly over each slice of eggplant
- Place all eggplant slices into a suitable container to preserve
- You can store in the chiller up to 3 days.
- Serve to a warm plate or cold.
- This dish is great with steaks, white meats and other proteins and there are so many other variations of the keto spicy eggplant to try.