If you love exotic and original seafood dinner dishes then this stunning keto spicy tuna bomb recipe with authentic Tunisian flair could be just the dinner idea that you have been waiting for. Tuna is a delicious and lightweight choice of fish. One that is easy on satisfying the hunger pangs while providing your body with lots of healthy and valuable nutrients.
Sometimes tuna is unfairly earmarked as a bland, unexciting choice of seafood. I could not disagree more. Just as with my other tuna recipes there is no shortage of creative ideas when it comes to preparing tempting tuna seafood based lunches, salads, sushi and dinners. However I will let you try my keto spicy tuna bomb, you will enjoy this if you love any kind of sushi also. So let me know for yourself what you think of the keto spicy tuna recipe.
Sara Louise's Keto Spicy Tuna Bomb
Preparing the Spicy Tunisian Tuna Mix:
- 5 oz Sushi grade fresh tuna chopped into small bits
- 3 Scallions chopped very thin
- 1/8 Tsp black pepper
- 1/2 Tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tsp Wheat Free Tamari sauce
- 1/2 Tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 Avocado sliced thin
- 1 Small cucumber sliced into very thin strips
Making the Cauliflower Rice:
Preparing the Spicy Mayo Dip:
- 1/4 Cup Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 Tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Using a food processor rice the cauliflower for the keto spicy tuna bombs into rice sized pieces by turning on and off quickly (check your local supermarket to see the availability of Cauliflower Rice.)
- Saute the cauliflower rice in a pan with the oil, swerve, vinegar and salt between 5-10 minutes until water is totally absorbed.
- Place in refrigerator to cool right down for around half an hour.
- Put a nori sheet down on a bamboo roller sheet which should be covered with plastic wrap to prevent any ingredients from sticking.
- Spread a very thin layer of the cauliflower rice evenly over the entire nori sheet. Make certain that there is a little less than an inch of space along the top of nori sheet.
Preparing the Tuna
- Place Spicy tuna mixture in a neat row right across.
- Put a few pieces of yummy avocado and cucumber strips on top of the tuna mix and arrange as you see fit.
- Start to roll sushi style tightly using bamboo roller sheet, starting at the bottom end. This will give you that distinctive tuna bomb shape.
- Serve up for dinner or snacks to guests with a small dipping bowl on the side using the spicy mayo recipe suggested above or the condiment and sauce of your choice.