Who ever said that cabbage has to be dull or boring? Not so with my tasty keto stuffed cabbage recipe. This recipe places a rocket under the ordinary cabbage.
You will be delighted at how tasty and healthy my keto stuffed cabbage recipe actually is. Just make sure that you have a great cooking pot so my cabbages look and taste their absolute best.
Sara Louise's Keto Stuffed Cabbage
- One cabbage – remove and save the core.
- Steam the cabbage until it softens.
- Peel off the leaves. Save any broken leaves.
- Combine the following:
- 4 lbs of chopped meat
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 pound package of cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- In the bottom of a large pot brown a large onion in coconut oil
- add 4 fresh tomatoes or 1 can of tomatoes
- put in all the pieces of cabbage that didn’t make the grade (the broken pieces)
- add 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of liquid lakanto sweetener
- (note you’ll probably want to double/triple the amounts of lemon juice and sweetener based on the quantity of meat you make).
- Using whole leaves of cabbage add some of the meat mixture and make rolls.
- Gently add the stuffed cabbage rolls to the pot.
- Cook on a low flame for 2 hours.
STEP FIVE (Optional but my mother will yell at you if you don’t)
- In a flat pan, arrange the cabbage.
- Pour in the juice.
- Sprinkle the top with lakanto golden sweetener
- Bake at 325 for one hour.
- Freezes wells.
- Improves with age. (Like my mom!)