Now when I grew up I used to hate mushrooms, never mind keto stuffed mushrooms. I simply thought that mushrooms were so slimy looking and tasted of vegetation.
I kid you not mushrooms and stuffed mushrooms made me shiver at a certain time in my life. Looking back it seems silly but as many of you will know, our tastes change as we get older and experiment more in the kitchen.
Yet fast forward a few decades and they are one of my most favorite foods ever. Not only that mushrooms are super versatile and can be use in so many exciting recipes.
Mushrooms add an incredible kick to any stir fry for instance such as my exciting keto beef and broccoli recipe. The best mushroom recipe of all though has to be my take on keto stuffed mushrooms. A giant tasty and super healthy mushroom filled with goodness, oh my!
Sara Louise's Keto Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 Medium portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 Pound beef
- 5 Scallions finely sliced
- 7 Garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 Cup coconut flour
- 1/4 Cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Tsp Sea salt
- 3/4 Tsp black pepper
- 4 Tbs olive oil or butter
- Preheat oven to 375
- Prepare a large tray with parchment paper, greased well
- Cut stems off of mushrooms, and place in food processor
- Add beef, scallions, oil or butter, garlic, egg, parsley, flour, pepper & salt and pulse until becomes a fine meal texture
- Fill each mushroom cap
- Bake between 35-45 minutes until begins to look golden