It took some time and planning but with a bit of ingredient tweaking here and there here it is. I think I have come with a great keto thinhead pizza recipe for you guys to try out. Just like the fathead pizza brethren this is just amazing pizza fun to make in the kitchen and tastes out of this world when you finally tuck in. Just make sure that you have a robust pizza baking tray to hand as this pizza means business. You also need a heavy duty rolling pin.
The good thing also about my keto thinhead pizza recipe is that you can experiment with a wide variety of unique and healthy pizza toppings. Whatever takes your fancy really as long as it works out with your macros. So go for it and let me know what you think of my keto thinhead pizza recipe.
Sara Louise’s Thinhead Pizza
THINHEAD PIZZA INGREDIENTS
- 1 3/4 Cups Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tsp Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 Tsp Basil
- 1/4 Tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 Tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper
FOR THE PIZZA TOPPING:
- 15 Cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 Cup Tomato sauce no sugar added
- 1 Bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 1 Cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- To start making this fabulous thinhead pizza warm oven to 350.
- Cover a pizza tray or pan using parchment paper.
- Use some olive oil to grease the paper and tray well.
- Mix all the pizza ingredients to make pizza dough in a large mixing bowl.
- Form the dough into a ball shape and place in the middle of your pizza baking tray.
- Drip some olive oil over the pizza dough and place a sheet of greased parchment paper over the dough ball.
- Now iron the dough into a flat pizza using a baking roller pressed firmly over the parchment paper
- Remove the parchment paper
- Bake in oven 14-19 minutes, or until the pizza turns golden. This is a thin crust so watch the edges do not overcook.
- Remove the pizza from oven
- Turn oven heat up to 420
- Top your thinhead pizza crust with cherry tomatoes sliced in halves and basil leaves along with the sauce and the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for a further 4-5 minutes
- Allow the keto thinhead pizza to cool 5 minutes before cutting and serving up for a yummy and lightweight pizza meal.