This keto tuna melt on a log recipe will make you salivate with hunger and anticipation, this is quite simply one of my go to tuna recipes right now. In fact my keto tuna melt on a log only takes 20 minutes to cook in the oven and a short while to prepare. What better than tucking into this melt sandwich with a cool drink in the warm sun over lunch?
Making The Keto Tuna Melt on a Log
This makes my keto tuna melt an excellent choice for fixing up any urgent lunch time hunger pangs or cravings. If you prefer you can swap out the tuna for salmon or a preferred choice of fish, a simply delicious choice whichever way you go. If you like tuna in general give my keto tuna casserole a whirl also.
Remember this keto tuna melt sits on a zucchini log. If you prefer a keto bread then you can use that also but adjust the macros accordingly.
Sara Louise's Keto Tuna Melt On A Log
- 3 Medium zucchini
- 2 Tbs Soft butter
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley
- 1 pint Cherry tomatoes
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 15 oz Cans tuna 3 cans of 5 oz each or salmon
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs Keto Mayonnaise
- 2 Tsp Celery salt
- 2 Oz Parmesan cheese
- 6 Oz Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Oz Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Start making the keto tuna melt by preheating your oven to 350
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise
- Remove all seeds with a scoop or spoon
- Now grease oven safe pan with some soft butter
- Add the zucchini halves into the pan open side up
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes
- Add tuna or salmon, celery salt, black pepper, cheddar cheese, garlic and mayo to a mixing bowl and combine together.
- Take the baked zucchini from oven and spoon tuna or salmon mix into the pit area.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over each log evenly
- Bake the keto tuna melt in your oven for a further 15-16 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove the keto tuna melt from oven and sprinkle parmesan cheese across the logs.
- Garnish with some parsley sprinkles.
- Serve the keto log melt to a warm plate with some juicy cherry tomatoes.