These chocolate keto cookies are styled in the form of the popular Oreo chocolate cookies. Call them a keto friendly version of the same. Just as delicious in my opinion, just low carb, keto and healthy. As with all of my keto cookie recipes the ketoreo cookies are enormous fun to bake in your own home kitchen.
Be warned that these ketoreo cookies just might get a little addictive once you start handing them out to all your friends and family. This ketoreo cookie recipe serves 30-32 people for instance. You may well find yourself needing to bake some more once the cookie box gets empty, just saying!
If you enjoyed these ketoreo cookies perhaps you can convert all those Oreo lovers. If not my regular keto chocolate cookies are also divinely tasty. Do let me know what you think of this cookie recipe. Please do share with your low carb friends.
KetoRush24 is my rapid ketosis program that includes shopping lists, meal and exercise planner, and power recipes to help you break out of a stall and get into ketosis in the shortest time possible. Click here to find out more
Sara Louise's Ketoreo Cookies
- 1/4 cup Coconut flour
- 1 1/4 cups Almond flour Super Fine
- 1 1.4 cups Cocoa powder Unsweetened is best
- 1/4 tsp. Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 cup Grass fed butter 2 sticks
- 1/2 cup Swerve Or xylitol sweetener
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup Lakanto sweetener
- 1 Large eggs
- 1 Egg yolk
- 4 oz. Cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. Expresso coffee liquid
- 1/2 cup Swerve confectioners
- 2 tbsp. Butter
Step One: Preheat Your Oven to 320 degrees
Step Two: Mix The Ketoreo Cookie Ingredients
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and the salt in a large mixing bowl, no place to one side.
- Cream the butter, Swerve or Xylitol and Lakanto golden sugar so all are blended nicely.
- Add the egg and the egg yolk to the bowl. Then add the vanilla extract and the liquid espresso to the mixture.
- Add the remaining Ketoreo cookie ingredients and mix everything together well until blended.
- Split the cookie dough. Refrigerate each part for an hour or freeze it for a half hour.
Step Three: How To Shape The Ketoreo Cookies
- Roll out the cookie dough in between two sheets of cookie baking paper.
- Craft the cookies into two or 2.5 inch round cookies using shaped cookie molds.
- This recipe will provide around 30-34 good sized tasty ketoreo cookies
- You may be able to make extra cookies fro the dough scraps which will need to be refrigerated again before use.
- Place the ketoreo cookies in your refrigerator on un-greased cookie sheets and chill for 25 minutes.
- Bake for only 18-22 minutes. Do not over bake the cookies.
- The Oreo style ketoreos cookies should be perfect both visually and to the taste.
- Cool the cookies on a wire baking rack
- Step Four: The Cookie Filling
- Mix the filling together and chill.
- When chilled spread onto cookie halves and make delicious Ketoreos in the style of the popular Oreo cookie snack.