It is rather hard to go wrong with these delicious and scandalously tasty and retro style keto mallowmars. Think of your favorite naughty food then take the naughtiness away with my keto mallowmars recipe.
A mallowmar is a treat that is hard to put down, so an excellent choice for parties and gatherings for instance. In fact did you know that mallowmars are very much a retro keto treat. Just one of the amazing old school recipes that is taking keto by storm.
As such they go very well indeed with my other keto delights such as coconut macaroons or keto snack recipes like my keto pumpkin cheesecake bars, yes you are in keto snack heaven! So as I have spent considerable time and energy making these mallowmars as healthy as possible.
Hence there is no need to feel too guilty when you take a plate of these chocolate treats for yourself. Make certain you have a good, high quality baking tray when preparing my keto mallowmar recipe so they look and taste at their very best.
Sara Louise’s Keto Mallowmars
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar.
- 5 tbsp of gelatin
- 12 drops Sweetleaf liquid vanilla stevia
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve
- 1 tsp Rodelle vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1.5 cups lilly’s chocolate chips
- All the mallowmar crust ingredients need to be blended in your mixer until combined.
- Place the combined mix in your refrigerator for at least two hours. Take it out of the refrigerator, roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Now put the mix back in the chiller for 60+ minutes or longer.
- Roll out the mallowmar dough. You will need a cookie cutter for this task.
- Bake the mallowmars at 325 on parchment paper for 12 – 15 minutes. Turn them at the halfway marker.
- Add the gelatin into a pot and cover with some cold water. Gently stir until all gelatin is completely dissolved. If it doesn’t dissolve use a low heat setting until it does. Set to one side.
- Beat the egg whites and GRADUALLY add vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, salt, and swerve. Set to one side.
- Now add the hot water to the gelatin mixture. Stir until completely dissolved and there are no lumps.
- Next pour in the liquid stevia to the gelatin mixture. Set your mixer on a high setting to beat the white egg mixture and while beating add the gelatin.
- Continue to beat the mixture on high for 3-4 minutes. You’ll notice it starting to firm up nicely as it combines.
MALLOWMAR CHOCOLATE TOPPING
- To begin melt some Lily’s chocolate chips. Add a tablespoon of water and heat in the microwave until melted nicely.
BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Add a spoonful of mallowmar topping mix on top of each mallowmar. Using a tablespoon, spoon the warm melted chocolate on top of each mallowmar base.
- Serve up on a plate and tuck in, so yummy!