You certainly can enjoy lush, healthy chocolate milkshakes while following keto or paleo eating plans. This keto chocolate milkshake recipe is an old time favorite that I rustled up. So that you could make you own homemade keto shakes in the sanctuary of your own kitchen. Not only is this keto chocolate milkshake incredibly filling and tasty, it is made from some very low carb ingredients indeed.
Milkshakes do not take long to prepare, once you have made this shake recipe once it will fast become second nature. In fact if you possess a high quality blender in your kitchen or a NutraBullet mixer system for example then you are halfway to preparing and enjoying a deliciously awesome keto choc shake already. How about that everybody! Do let me know how this keto chocolate milkshake went for you.
Sara Louise's Lush Keto Chocolate Milkshake
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 medium avocado to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons cacao powder to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch Himalayan salt
- 2-4 tablespoons Swerve to taste
- 1/2 cup ice as needed
- water as needed
- Optional add-ins
- chia seeds ground you'll need to add more water
- MCT oil
- hemp hearts
- collagen peptides
- mint extract or extract of choice
- To make your shake start by adding coconut milk, avocado, cacao powder, vanilla extract, salt, sweetener and any add-ins of choice to a blender (bullets smoothie makers work amazing here!). Blend until creamy smooth, using a little water as needed.
- Add in the ice and blend the ingredients once again until the chocolate milkshake is looking thick and creamy. Do not over do the blending, or you'll lose the thickness and coldness. Serve up and enjoy your keto shake right away!