We often think of meatloaf recipes as stodgy, high carb and generally unhealthy types of dinner recipes. The problem with meatloaf is that it is such a deliciously tasty dish and hard to refuse. So I had to rework my favorite meatloaf recipe for a low carb keto audience.
Here it is my low carb keto meatloaf recipe. Now the meatloaf is prepared with super healthy coconut oil and almond flour. You can even make this keto meatloaf recipe using our special homemade keto tomato sauce as a delicious topping if you prefer.
The meatloaf dish makes an excellent main meal but is probably best suited to evening dinner. However the choice of lunch or dinner is entirely yours. Serve up the meatloaf with some yummy, healthy broccoli or whatever side dish you prefer. The keto meatloaf is ready out of the oven in around 45 minutes cooking time. Such a tasty you won’t believe it until you take the first bite.
Sara Louise's Meatloaf
- 1/2 cup ketchup or barbecue sauce
- 2 tbs lakanto sweetener
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cups almond flour extra fine
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs white horseradish ground
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- 1/4 tspn black pepper dry
- 1 tspn mustard dry
- 1/4 cup ketchup or barbecue sauce
Step One: Topping
- Mix the meat loaf ingredients together and set aside.
Step Two: Preparing The Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350
- Melt some coconut oil or olive oil in skillet or pan. Saute the onions.
Step Three: Get Ready To Cook The Meatloaf
- Soak almond flour in almond milk.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into 10x5 loaf pan.
- Spread topping on top of loaf.
- Bake the meatloaf from 45 minutes – one hour