This keto chocolate cake recipe that Sara has rustled up could be just what you are looking for, Sara says that with her chocolate cake recipe you really can have your cake and eat it.
This keto chocolate is super light, yes it does have some carbs but it is a chocolate cake after all. You will have great fun preparing and baking this cake and will wait with baited breath as you offer it to your guests. Do make sure you have a great baking tray though. This is to stop a chocolate cake such as this from sticking and crumbling since the mix can be heavy.
So watch your overall carb intake when baking and munching on this delicious keto chocolate cake. So without further ado it is time to start baking! If you enjoyed this cake, you might also delight in baking our chocolate brownies also. Happy cake making.
The World’s Most Perfect Chocolate Cake Ever
- 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Tbsp Instant Coffee
- 8 Ounces Lily's Choc Chips
- So How To Make the Chocolate Cake: Preheat the oven to 350Butter a 9 or 10 inch springform pan and line the bottom with a round of wax paper or parchment paper. Butter the paper and dust with fine almond flour. Set aside.Grind the nuts very finely in a food processor or use the equivalent amount of store-bought almond meal. I’ve made it both ways and it works.In the top of a double boiler, over barely simmering water, melt the chocolate. Cover until partially melted and then uncover and stir until completely smooth. Remove from the heat to cool slightly.In the large bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter. Add the swerve or xylitol and beat for 2 minutes at medium-high speed. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating until well mixed after each addition. On low speed, add the chocolate and beat only to mix. Then add the almonds and beat only to mix, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.If you have a second mixing bowl for your stand mixer or a hand held mixer as well, you can leave the batter in the bowl. Otherwise, transfer it to another large bowl and set aside. Wash your bowl and beaters and dry very well.
- Cooking The Chocolate Cake:Bake for 20 minutes and then lower the oven by 25º and bake for another 40-50 minutes. You can set a timer to keep track of it all.When chocolate cake is oven baked, now with a damp kitchen towel, slightly wring it out, fold the towel and place it on the worktop.
You can now remove cake from the oven and place it directly on the kitchen towel. Here just let the cake sit for about 20 more minutes.
Next you should remove the sides of the cake tin and place a wire rack over the top of the cake in an inverted position.Now take away the bottom of the tin and the paper liner. Cover with another rack and invert the cake once again. Now just let the cake cool down on the rack. There are a few ways that you can do this part and if you bake lots of cakes it should be familiar.If the center of the cake has sunk use a long, thin, sharp knife to make the top more level, just watch you do not cause it to collapse since it can be fragile.
- Next To Make the Cake Icing:Prepare a plate for your chocolate cake, by placing 4 even strips of wax paper around the outer edges of the plate, you should have a square shape. This is to catch the iced droppings and crumbs and keep the cake plate tidy. Place the cake upside down, in the middle of the plate but on top of the 4 strips.Take the cream and In a medium heavy saucepan, scald the cream over medium heat until small bubbles start to appear at the edges of the saucepan.Now go ahead and add the coffee mix and stir with a whisk to dissolve everything smoothly. You can move to add the chocolate and stir the mix occasionally for about 1 minute.Remove from the heat and transfer the mixture to a bowl to stop it from cooking any further. Let the icing stand for about 15 minutes, stirring every now and then, until it’s room temperature and has slightly thickened.Stir the icing gently and pour it evenly over the top of the cake. Use an offset spatula or a flat side of a knife to smooth the icing over the sides and evenly around the cake. Smooth the top so that it looks neat and even.
- Finishing The Icing :In a large bowl, add the salt to the egg whites and with clean beaters, beat the egg whites on high but only until they hold a definite shape, but are not stiff or dry.Stir a large spoonful of the egg whites into the chocolate mix to lighten it a bit and then fold in the rest of the whites 3 steps and pour the mixture into the pan and level it.
- The Final TouchesRemove the 4 strips of paper carefully and after you’ve pulled off the icing, you can throw it away.
The cake is ready to serve up as is or it can be decorated with chocolate shavings and other sweet treats. To close just let the cake sit for couple of hours; this so that the sugar icing has plenty of time to harden up and solidify.The Chocolate cake keeps stored in an airtight box or container at room temperature for 3-4 days and may go for longer still.