Impress your loved one this year with this deliciously tasty and healthy low carb Valentines Day keto chicken piccata. You will be the talk of the town with this yummy recipe!
In fact this keto chicken piccata is of course an Italian style dinner perfect for a romantic night in with a loved one on Valentines Day. Molto delizioso as they say in Italy.
When used to describe a dish, piccata actually means “sliced, or sautéed.” This tasty keto chicken recipe is best served in a yummy sauce containing lemon, butter, and spices using stock or white wine. Most keto dieters know chicken piccata as a sumptuous Italian dish consisting of chicken breast cutlets, dredged in flour, browned, and served hot with a mouthwatering covering sauce of butter, lemon juice and capers.
My keto chicken piccata recipe can be offered to the love of your life on Valentines Day with either stock or alternatively some crisp white wine. In our keto-friendly version of the Italian style chicken piccata we avoid the flour-dredging stage and instead pan fry the tasty chicken thighs in some unsalted butter.
This enticing keto chicken piccata recipe is low-carb, grain-free, gluten free also with no added sugar of course. Just a perfect Valentines night in dinner for you and your loved one. Plus if chicken dishes are totally your thing while on keto then sample our other chicken dinner choices also.
Sara Louise’s Valentines Day Chicken Piccata
- 4 Skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ¼ cup Heavy cream
- Kosher salt and pepper
- ½ cup Chicken stock
- ¼ cup White wine
- ¼ cup Fresh parsley chopped
- 1½ Unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- ¼ cup Brined capers
- Season the chicken thighs generously with the kosher salt and pepper.
- Now heat the olive oil and add 2 tablespoons of the butter into a pan on a medium-high heat setting.
- When the butter starts to sizzle, add the chicken thighs to the cooking pan and let them cook on for about 5 minutes while turning evenly. Then remove the chickens and place aside.
- Add the white wine or stock if you prefer to the cooking pan and let it reduce halfway.
- Add the lemon juice, stock, and capers to the pan and continue to cook the keto chicken piccata.
- Bring to a boil and scrape any chicken bits off of the bottom of the pan, reduce heat to a low setting and return the chicken to the pan for another 5-6 minutes.
- Return the chicken back to the plate with the pan still on the hob stove. Mix in in the heavy cream and also add the remaining butter. Season the pmix with a small pinch of kosher salt and pepper.
- Finally to finish the dish pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Garnish the meal with the parsley as you see fit, you should have a romantic keto chicken piccanta dinner ready to serve to your loved one. Way to go if you did this correctly!