Impress your loved one this year with this deliciously tasty and healthy low carb keto prime rib and horseradish cream. Your loved one deserves the best and this is surely it.
In fact this scrummy keto prime rib main meal is great at lunch or dinner. Take note though that it is perfect for any holiday time if the truth be told. That said, I just know your nearest and dearest will jump for absolute joy when they see what you are cooking for them this Valentines Day.
This keto-friendly recipe for juicy prime rib and horseradish cream is much more straight forward to prepare in your kitchen than you might anticipate. Like any prime cuts of beef the cooking time is several hours so plan accordingly. Note your oven type and how you like your meat.
My keto prime rib and horseradish sauce is always a crowd pleaser for dinner parties and lunches but it can also be a low-carb Valentines Day dinner with the love of your life that will yield lots of yummy leftovers for the next day also. After shrinkage during cooking, this keto prime rib recipe yields about 8-10 (½-1 pound) servings. For other romantic keto meal ideas try this chicken piccanta as this is an awesome alternative dish.
This prime rib and horseradish cream recipe is naturally keto-friendly, low-carb, gluten-free, grain-free, with no added sugar. Just how we like it so let us see your romantic streak.
Prime Rib With Horseradish Cream
- 1 Boneless juicy prime rib roast 8-12 pounds
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ½ cup Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Dried rosemary
- ¼ cup Horseradish drained
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Sour cream
- Half lemon juice
- pinch Salt and pepper
- Dash of Tabasco
- Slice several times all the way down the prime rib to score the fat side; watch that you do not slice all the way into the meat. Rub the cut of meat all over with olive oil and season generously all around the meat. You can add plenty of seasoning and this can be done the previous night.
- Remove the prime rib from the refrigerator at least 1 hour before cooking and allow the prime rib to warm up room temperature ready for the oven.
- Next you must set the oven to 460-490 degrees. Roast the rib for about 20 minutes with the fan on high. Then, set oven on broil setting and continue cooking for another 8 minutes. Reduce temperature to 320 degrees. Continue to roast the prime rib in the oven for another hour and 25 minutes.
- Check the meat temperature and remove from oven when you reach about 115-120 degrees. You may find hat more time is needed depending on your oven type. The reality is that A 14-pounder can take over 3 hours in the oven at 325 degrees. Let rest for 30 minutes to 1 hour before carving up.
- Adjust cooking times depending on your oven and how you like the cut.
- To make the Horseradish Cream side, just mix the mayonnaise, horseradish, lemon juice, and Tabasco with the sour cream. After which move to season with some salt and pepper, ready to go, just yum!